"Genua -to visit Chiara,Paolo & eventually Columbus" Top 5 Page for this destination Genoa by globetrott

Genoa Travel Guide: 734 reviews and 1,941 photos

I came to Genua several times, while I was working on cruiseships 1978-1985

and again in 2002 and 2003

There is sooooooooo much to see in Genua...

and so I may simply recommend to get in contact with the best travelagency in Genua :

Here you see Chiara - the charming boss of travel-agency "Pollon" and her always well tempered assistant "boozy bird"

and looking out of the window Paolo (utttz), wispering some final instructions and telling Chiara the latest restaurant-tips...

...as HE is always up-to-date and the real EXPERT about Genua - simply have a look at his Genua-page !!!

• Pros:Chiara ( pollon ) and Paolo ( utttz )
  • Last visit to Genoa: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated May 31, 2003

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Michael, happy new year to you. Great page about Genoa here, which is still on my list. I especially like the Righi funicular as well as your two local restaurant tips.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Good descriptions and excellent photos to match the description. We missed Genoa when we visited Italy in 2005. Advertisements offering FlyCruise package out of Genoa or Barcelona appeal, maybe one October, but will it be cold?

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I have bad memories of Genoa because it was raining and I had a sore foot, but your pages have made me want to go back. I had the best meal of my entire trip there at Trattoria Pino down near the port. Da Maria sounds just like it. Thanks Michael.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 5:49 AM

ah yes i love maria's

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Nice and useful comments to prepare a visit to Genua. Isn't there a maritime museum or was it closed?

• Diana75's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 1:12 AM

Wonderful page, Michael! I just returned from Italy and really had a great time in Genoa.

• fool_moon's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2005 at 7:56 AM

Revanchfoul, ha,ha. Alles okay ? Schönes Wochende !

• LuisGuimaraes's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2004 at 3:59 PM

ohh how I loved Genoa!!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2004 at 12:31 PM

Great Genoa guide. Can't wait to visit!!

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2004 at 11:39 AM

Wonderful pictures and info, beautiful architecture. The idea of renting that funny bike looks tempting, but ...LOL!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Genoa