"Stra / Veneto & the famous BRENTA - villas" Top 5 Page for this destination Stra by globetrott

Stra Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 171 photos

Lots of great Villas along the Brenta-canal, close to Venice...

• Last visit to Stra: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Apr 1, 2004

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2008 at 5:27 AM

An amazing collection of beautiful old villas. I'm glad to see that the 16th century water-mill is still in use and can be visited. I also like the atmosphere in such places, with the water rushing through and turning the old (mainly wooden?) machinery.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2005 at 11:49 AM

Wunderbare Seite und Photos! Leider habe ich weder Stra noch Dolo besucht, aber ich möchte gern.

• Anjutka's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 10:43 AM

There is soo much and nice to detect here - it must not always only be Venice!

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 3:20 PM

The more and more I read about Italy, the more eager I am to go see it in person. Great tips Michael! I can only imagine those villas erected along the canal started polluting the fresh water within no time! Humans are so destructive!

• pollon's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 12:03 AM

I was here some years ago with a Canadian friend I have been knowing for more than 20 years and this page brings back very nice memories!! hugs

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 4:53 AM

I don't know how you keep finding all these amazing places! This is a very interesting area, those villas are simply classic! The arrangement of the Dolo church is quite unique too. An excellent page!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2004 at 2:42 PM

Thanks for the tips Michael - I will surely do this trip when in Venice for aweek next year - unforunately not spring but summer!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2004 at 1:48 PM

Michael, your introductory collage is amazing. Villa Pisani and the Park do, indeed, look enticing. Brenta Canal and its history is interesting. Dolo villas, church, and watermill all look great. Excellent work.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2004 at 9:13 PM

Wow, lots of villas here. I do like the maze, very interesting, nice page!

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2004 at 6:03 AM

I like the combination of villas and other interesting sights -- I guess summer there would be warm for you Austrians ;)

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Stra