Nordkapp Off The Beaten Path Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Nordkapp Off The Beaten Path: 19 reviews and 50 photos
This small monument shows you the position of the Nordkapp and the arrow is pointing exactely to the Northpole. Thats a place that you should not miss to take a photo at, its also quite close to the place where you enter the Nordkap-hall
is also the northmost gallery of the continent of Europe. It is an interesting collection of paintings of modern art, featuring animals and the great scenery in the north of Europe.Maybe you would like to take a look at the gallery when its nasty weather outside, the gallery is close to the entrance of the movie. The entrance to this gallery is also free of charge, like all other things around the Northcape, once that you have payed at the main entrance for it !
The german troops had occupied Norway and also the Nordkap in WW II and for the ships and submarines of the Soviet Union it was not always easy to reach their homeport of Murmansk, so they had to go in convoys and this small museum/exhibition tells you some interesting details about this time of WW II.
is the chapel on Northcape
and it was built there in 1990 as an ecumenical church and you might also celebrate your wedding there, but be prepared, this chapel is not very large and you might have to "share it" with thousands of visitors every day in the high season.
The St.Johannes Kapell, just like all the other places of interest in the Northkapp are included in the ticket that you have to pay at the entrance of the area !
This small museum was built in 1989 in order to remember King Chulalongkom of Siam/Thailand, who had visited the Nordkapp in 1907.
This museum, just like all the other places of interest in the Northkapp are included in the ticket that you have to pay at the entrance of the area !
This monument of a mother and a child was created by the artist Eva Rybakken and it is a part of the modern art monument "children of the world", that was made by Simon Flem Devold in 1989. It shows children from different parts of the world (USA,Russia, Tanzania, Japan, Thailand, Italy and Brazil as a symbol of possible friendship & hope for a peaceful world..
is a modern-art-projekt
and maybe you take a closer look while you are waiting for the tourbus and might still have a few minutes left over. In my opinon it is a waste of time when you have just a bit more than 1 hour for the total Northcape, there is a lot more things to see there that you will not find anywhere else in the world.
More Reviews (16)
globetrott's Related Pages
Nordkapp Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The "end" of the road through Europe"
- "The place that astonished me"
- "71 Degrees, 10 Minutes, 21 Seconds North"
- "71° 10' 21'' North"
- "Mabu's North Cape Page"
- "Welcome to EUROPE'S NORTHERNMOST POINT*"
- "Nordkapp and Honningsvag"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nordkapp
- Hotels in Nordkapp
- Transportation in Nordkapp
- Nightlife in Nordkapp
- Restaurants in Nordkapp
- Shopping in Nordkapp
- Warnings and Dangers in Nordkapp
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Hotels
- Bandar Jissah Hotels
- Calicut Hotels
- San Felice del Benaco
- Sycamore Cove Hotels
- Rangitoto Island
- Malta Off The Beaten Path
- The Islands off of Ft. Myers
- Ko Samui Off The Beaten Path
- Australia Off The Beaten Path
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Off The Beaten Path
- Daytrip outside Amsterdam: Northsea Beach / Zandvoort / Bloemendaal
- Taishan Off The Beaten Path
- Bermuda Off The Beaten Path
- Positano Off The Beaten Path
- Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine Railroad
- Prachuap Khiri Khan Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Nordkapp
- 24 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (212)
Have you been to Nordkapp?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nordkapp
Photos in NordkappSee All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues