"Home of the Coco-de-mer, the largest nut on earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Praslin by globetrott

Praslin Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 199 photos

The Coco-de-mer is the largest species of cocnuts and nuts on earth and it is growing only in the Seychelles, mainly here in the island of Praslin. Some of them will have 80 kg and we were also told that they never fall down during the day, only at night.

• Last visit to Praslin: Apr 2009
  • Intro Updated May 5, 2009

• DEY's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Great to see your photos of Praslin! I did not have a digital camera with me when I was there, so I need to get my photos converted.

• abc37's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2009 at 4:50 AM

das wäre schön dort jetzt statt im kalten Wien !

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Great beaches here... but don't sleep under the coconut trees by night!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Pralin looks like a very nice little tropical stop-over spot (except for the humidity)! I've always been amazed by Coco de Mer but had never heard of a Zak fruit before! Interesting warnings too on the snail and spiney palm tree!

• Dyesebel's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Hi Michael!Year ago,I was here in this beautiful island of Praslin!I really love it here.I would love to go back but its way too expensive:(

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 10:51 PM

So many wonderful places there! You were lucky to see them, Michael! Good for you!<><><>

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Yes, I suppose paradise must look something like åhat you saw in Praslin! The Coco-de-mer is really amazing!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2009 at 10:37 AM

I would very much like to be on those beaches with a good book to read, even if it is hot and humid. It looks beautiful! But I wouldn't like to have one of those Coco de Mers falling on my head! Great tips Michael!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Looking at your tips it seems to me that this is only paradise on the surface with all these thorns, traffic, spiders etc. The beaches look gorgeous!

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 4:23 AM

If I would write exactly the same tips about Coco de Mer I think Gsex would soon delete it ;-) . A perfect place for a lazy holiday....

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Praslin

Have you been to Praslin?