"A hot place in Oceania" Top 5 Page for this destination Port-Vila by globetrott

Port-Vila Travel Guide: 121 reviews and 256 photos

I came to Port Vila on a cruise and it was interesting to take a little walk there, although it was much too hot for me and the heat had also a lot of humidity !

• Pros:a nice stop on a cruise
  • Cons:much too hot for me !
  • In a nutshell:a nice stop on a cruise, but certainly much too hot for me !
  • Last visit to Port-Vila: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2012

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Love the murals and the wooden sculptures :-) Haha, yes, Haus... I thought it is Maus in your small photo but when I opened the tip, I saw that it is Haus. And sholter means Schulter? And these marvellous flowers again!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Hi Michael, your huge cruise ship seems to be towering over all the small buildings of Vanuatu. But I’m sure the locals are accustomed to that.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 9:22 AM

It's amusing to read about such a hot place in Oceania while being in such a cold place in Eurasia... What a wonderful cruise you have had, Michael!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Michael, fabulous little page about this hot and humid gem. I could do with a massage with coconut oil right now. *winkygrin*

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2012 at 5:48 AM

I think walking makes good sense since one sits a lot on a cruise ship, sometimes even if it's very hot. Great murals there!

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM

A nice "hot place in Oceania" which warm me up during this windy & cold day in my Swiss Alps! I like these wooden Mantas and sculptures thanks for your useful tips. on this really colorful destination.

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Hi Michael, nice page about your visit to Port Vila! I am dreaming of visiting Vanuatu one day (maybe as a cruise from Australia), so I was very interested in your page. I loved to see how the local buildings and the murals look like.
    Also good warnings about the souvenirs! When I spent my first christmas in Australia, my grandma sent my a letter with a straw star, and it was sent back to Germany because it was not allowed... They certainly are strict about this, so it is better not to spend money on souvenirs that you then cannot keep!

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Some great photos...we were there a few years back before VT. Met a lady from Australia collecting money for the hospital I think on the dock..We are just back from the Elvis show

Marg

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Port-Vila

Have you been to Port-Vila?

Latest Activity in Port-Vila