"to Suva by cruise & I enjoyed it a lot !" Top 5 Page for this destination Suva by globetrott

Suva Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 152 photos

In November 2011 I had a great half-day in Suva. It is certainly a great place to go for people who dont care so much about beaches, but are interested in local culture !

This man in a local kilt is the guard of the Presidential Palace in Suva.

Dont miss to take a look into the FIJI - MUSEUM for a lot of great exhibits about local customs, traditional boats, local animals etc.

• Pros:friendly people
  • Cons:???
  • In a nutshell:friendly people, some nice architecture & a great museum !
  • Last visit to Suva: Nov 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 12, 2012

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Fantastic vegetation! And interesting museum. My god, what a beetle!! I love the boats in the museum and especially the early version of a catameran :-) Grand Pacific Hotel looks mazaing but it must cost a fortune to renovate it! Love your local customs, cute kilts these guys have and the fabrics in the museum ar gorgeous!

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM

beautiful architecture

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Suva looks indeed interesting to visit but I wouldn't want to meet such a beetle when it's alive. I think that would freak me out.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2012 at 8:23 AM

The Fiji Museum looks like an interesting place to visit. That helmet made from a fish is really different!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Somehow this isn't quite as I imagined Fiji to be - many of the buildings look very European! Interesting to see them, but I prefer the colonial style ones, and I like the harbour-front building especially. And that is one huge beetle - I would have been glad that he was in a display cabinet rather than wandering around!

A friend of mine was once a librarian in Fiji - I wonder if he ever visited or worked in that Carnegie library???

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Great new page, looks like a really good place to visit.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Michael, fabulous new page about this unusual place. So if they have the 2nd largest beetle-species here, the question is of course: Where do the largest beetles live?

• salisbury3933's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Nice page so far. Great to see you writing tips again!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Suva