Glen Innes Off The Beaten Path Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Glen Innes Off The Beaten Path: 15 reviews and 58 photos
This wonderful building right in the centre of Glen Innes is dating back to the year 1911 and it was built in Art Nouveau style with some great decorations on the facade. Just a pity I was not able to take a look inside the building, as most Art Nouveau-buildings have also a staircase in that same style as well.
In my last picture: the building of the School of Arts dating back to 1887.
St. Joseph's School and the church that obviously belongs to it as well is the most impressive ensemble of buildings that I saw in Glen Innes. Parts of it even look like an old scottish castle, even though it is certainly just a boarding-school. You will find these buildings next to the Chapel Theatre, when leaving town in direction of Armidale.
I saw this interesting house opposite of the Chapel-theatre and somehow it reminded me a lot of the old, wooden houses of the early settlers.
In my last picture: another great house in that same street, but much more modern.
What an interesting idea to turn a former church into a theatre. You will find this chapel-theatre on the mainroad from Glen Innes to Armidale and next to St. Joseph's School.
Click on the link below and you will find the running program, they will show movies as well there !
The balancing rocks are a great sight, that you will pass by on the main-road from Glen Innes to Armidale. You will find signposts along the road and a good parking-space as well next to the road. It is a pity that it was heayily raining that day, otherwise I would have tried to walk closer to these rocks.
More Reviews (9)
globetrott's Related Pages
Glen Innes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CELTIC COUNTRY"
- "some great architecture & more !"
- "The Celtic Connection"
- "Hello Again Glen Innes"
- "GLEN INNES...NEW ENGLAND N.S.W."
- "Beautiful Glen Innes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glen Innes
- Hotels in Glen Innes
- Transportation in Glen Innes
- Restaurants in Glen Innes
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ludlow Hotels
- Province of Camarines Sur
- Hungary Hotels
- Lawag Hotels
- Mount Blue State Park Hotels
- Puerto Villamil
- Amarillo Off The Beaten Path
- Dahlonega Off The Beaten Path
- United States of America Off The Beaten Path
- Bora-Bora Off The Beaten Path
- Kalgoorlie Off The Beaten Path
- Charlottesville Off The Beaten Path
- Kilclooney Dolmen, Ardara
- George Off The Beaten Path
- Mae Hong Son Off The Beaten Path
- State of West Bengal Off The Beaten Path
- Brantford Off The Beaten Path
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Glen Innes
- 14 Reviews
- 71 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (296)
Have you been to Glen Innes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glen Innes
Photos in Glen InnesSee All Photos (71)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues