"Dogubayazit & Isaak Pasha Serail" Top 5 Page for this destination Dogubayazit by globetrott

Dogubayazit Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 356 photos

In 1990 I made a Bustour by " ROTEL " through Turkey, and had also a visit at Isaak Pasha Serail nearby Dogubayazit.

• Intro Updated Nov 16, 2003

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Michael, you made fantastic pictures of Isaak Pasha. I came there during my first visit to Turkey in 1985, but felt very bad (I probably drunk too much raki with a kurdish friend the night before). So I did hardly take any pic.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2006 at 6:13 AM

This certainly is a magnifcent looking castle set in a wonderful background! It must have been an interesting trip into these remote reaches of Turkey. That is quite a bus you had - I never before saw one that towed it's own beds along!!!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2004 at 10:59 AM

Very exotic. I'd like to find some merchants to tax and toll so that I too could add on to my castle.

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2004 at 10:37 PM

Fantastic place!! Interesting photos!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 4:31 PM

Amazing destination almost in Iran and great architecture there, I see. A great place to go for a DIET ? - something for me now :-)))

• Imbi's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2003 at 12:23 AM

some beautiful landscape and old buildings.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2003 at 10:33 AM

Lovely photos! I really like Isak Pasha Palace with surroundings and hope to go back next year.

• seamandrew's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2003 at 8:30 PM

I've heard that the eastern most reaches of Turkey are absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you for seeing them firsthand. The Isaak Pasa Serail seems surreal. Excellent pictures. I'd love to make a similar trip of Turkey!

• olja1234's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2003 at 3:30 AM

An excellent photos and tips about this interesting tour you've made. I enjoyed - Thanks!

• globerover's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2003 at 7:03 PM

a most interesting place, presented in great pics and tips; this Ishak Pasa had an easy life indeed, waiting for a few merchants passing by in order to collect tolls and then enjoy the beautiful landscape for the remainder of the day;

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Dogubayazit

Have you been to Dogubayazit?