"Haiti - a never ending tragedy" Top 5 Page for this destination Port-au-Prince by globetrott

Port-au-Prince Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 157 photos

Unfortunately I have only a few slides of Haiti.

But all the oil-paintings, shown on this page, are souvenirs from Haiti and in my posession.

• Last visit to Port-au-Prince: Dec 1985
  • Intro Updated Mar 20, 2004

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2010 at 4:25 AM

Very moving & convincing tips on the never ending tragedy in Haiti. I'm sure you are right that cruise passengers who give money to cute little children in the streets have no idea what will happen to those children later, when they are no longer so cute.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Thanks for your great story, Michael! ><>< Live and learn! ><><

• falexis's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 10:50 AM

I hope you and others have loved visiting Haiti as much as I have. It is indeed a worthwhile destination -- a tropical gem that's unfortunately being devastated by poverty and political egotism (the root of corruption).

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 10:09 AM

great, one more place I wish to cisit soon.

• ssarealtor's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 11:07 PM

I was in Haiti during Baby Doc's wedding. What a party for the wealthy and an insult for the poor.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 9:05 PM

nice tips, I like you oil painting collection.

• Jun 1, 2007 at 3:27 PM

My sister visited Haiti 6 times with church. Most recently in March. She says the unrest is waning...and that it's safe with a local guide. Your take?

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Haiti has always been a fascinating country to me. I'd love to visit, but reports of crime and murder prevent me from going there.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 8:01 PM

A very interesting information of this sad country. Interesting warnings and local customs tips as well as the paintings.

• Sue08080's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2006 at 5:12 AM

Fascinating page on the saddest of countries. We have a friend from Haiti who is a brilliant man. There is such a waste of human potential!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Port-au-Prince

Have you been to Port-au-Prince?

Photos in Port-au-Prince