"Monte video , yes I saw the mountain as well" Top 5 Page for this destination Montevideo by globetrott
Montevideo Travel Guide: 544 reviews and 1,141 photos
Montevideo is quite a flat area and so it is hard to believe where the name of the city came from according to an old ledgend : When a ship was sailing along the cost a spanish sailor was shouting Monte video ( I see a mountain ).
and now I saw the hill as well !
I came to Montevideo on a cruise and I had made just a little walk of 3-4 hours because I still felt a bit of "Montezuma's revenge" that had caught me 2 days before my arrival in Montevideo.
So, all you can see on my page here can easyly be done in just a few hours...
Iglesia de San Francisco & the Colonial art museum were under total reconstruction, while I had been in Montevideo. The... more travel advice
The museum of the gaucho and Currency / Museo del Gaucho y la Moneda is not far from Plaza Independencia, made inside an... more travel advice
globetrott's Related Pages
Montevideo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Montevideo, balcón al mar"
- "Monte video , yes I saw the mountain as well"
- "Ciudad de Emociones- Montevideo - City Of Emotions"
- "I was here!!!"
- "MONTEVIDEO – ‘I SEE A MOUNTAIN?’"
- "MVD: IN PROGRESS...CHECK BACK SOON"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montevideo
- Hotels in Montevideo
- Transportation in Montevideo
- Nightlife in Montevideo
- Restaurants in Montevideo
- Shopping in Montevideo
- Warnings and Dangers in Montevideo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montevideo
- 33 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (288)
Have you been to Montevideo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montevideo
- Posted in Travel Saint Petersburg Forum "Re: From St. Petersburg city..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Casa de Gobierno"
- updated a Montevideo Travel Page "Monte video , yes I saw the mountain as well"
- Commented on one of SabrinaSummerville's Montevideo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Iglesia de San Francisco & Colonial art museum in Montevideo Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1067 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues