Santiago Transportation Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Santiago Transportation: 87 reviews and 94 photos
Taking the funicular is the best and easiest way to get up to Cerro San Cristobal. Mostly a lot of people are queuing up for the tickets there and at the ticket-counter you have to buy also the tickets for the cablecar between Cerro San Cristobal and Pedro de Valdivia Norte, at the other side of the hill.
The ride of the funicular takes about 15 minutes and includes a stop at the upper-entrance to the Zoo.
between 10.30am and 08.00pm
There is a cablecar between the top-station of Cerro San Cristobal and Pedro de Valdivia Norte, an area with lots of villas by rich people, it is a nice area to take a walk or simply enjoy the view from the cablecar. From the funicular you have to go about 5 minutes in order to get to the cablecar and it is best to buy the tickets already at the cashier of the funicular, so you dont have to queue up again. A gondola takes up to 4 persons, as long as they are slim enough, for 2 this size is just perfect.
Those gondolas are not all-time-fixed to the rope, but are able to stop untill they are loaded without stress (by elderly people or small children) and then they will be fixed again and start the journey.
For handicapped people in wheelchairs the problems will start already with the funicular !
There is this lift from the city of Santiago to Cerro Santa Lucia and the best about it is : It is totally free of charge !
I took the lift twice, because I wanted to walk down the 2 different paths : first the one that takes you to the national Library via the neptun-fountain and finally the path at the other side, where you will step down to The japanese garden and finally to Lastarria.
between 10.00am and 02.00pm and then again
between 03.00pm - 06.00pm
More Reviews (54)
- See All ask for a room facing the park !
- See All Another old palazio
- See All Santiago by wheelchair
- See All local arts & great souvenirs
globetrott's Related Pages
Santiago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago, Chile"
- "a great place"
- "Working in Santiago"
- "Santiago, Capital of Chile"
- "Between the mountains and the sea"
- "VT Meeting in Santiago"
- "A little taste of South America"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santiago
- Hotels in Santiago
- Transportation in Santiago
- Nightlife in Santiago
- Restaurants in Santiago
- Shopping in Santiago
- Warnings and Dangers in Santiago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santiago
- 57 Reviews
- 273 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (457)
Have you been to Santiago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santiago
- Posted in Travel Europe Forum "Re: River cruises"
- Commented on one of spidermiss's Santiago travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The monument for Caupolican, the Indio-leader"
- updated a Santiago Travel Page "a great place"
- Wrote a Review ask for a room facing the park ! in Santiago Warnings and Dangers
Photos in SantiagoSee All Photos (273)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 171 reviews, 741 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 160 reviews, 718 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 101 reviews, 462 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (372)
- Cerro San Cristobal- 32 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Plaza de Armas- 32 Reviews, 82 Photos
- Cerro Santa Lucia- 29 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Cajon del Maipo- 9 Reviews, 32 Photos
- La Moneda- 23 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Barrio Bellavista- 10 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Mercado Central- 11 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Metropolitan Cathedral- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Iglesia De San Francisco- 11 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Las Chascona - Pablo Neruda's House- 11 Reviews, 15 Photos
See All Santiago Things to Do