"a great place" Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago by globetrott

Santiago Travel Guide: 951 reviews and 2,200 photos

I had 48 hours in Santiago de Chile in january 2008 and I had a great time there walking through the city

• Last visit to Santiago: Jan 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 20, 2008

• bilgeez's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2010 at 9:43 PM

The cannon with the wooden truck is a 16th c Spanish cannon, the one taken fm above is late 19th century. Looks like a breech loaded French or American cannon.

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 2:28 AM

I hope to visit Chile next year, will come back for more. Thank you for nice tips and great photos.

• Nov 16, 2008 at 4:57 AM

• WStat's Profile Photo
    Aug 13, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Hi MIchael, thanks for visiting my Santiago- & Pirque-pages; we join together in fondest memories; also I would like to return the sooner, the better! If I judge you correctly, there will be another trip and also a visit to Concha Y Toro !!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Great tips, Michael! I'm off to Santiago next month and although I'll be there for a week, I think I'll have about 48h to tour around so it was great to read about what you managed to see in 2 days!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Enjoyed the sights of Santiago here. It is always exciting to explore a great city when time is limited. Thanks for sharing.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2008 at 12:01 PM

It appears you managed to get in your exercise while exploring the many sights to see in Chile! I loved the views from Cerro Santa Lucia and the aerial transportation looked like fun too!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Michael, Santiago seems to have some really interesting architecture and monuments as well as statues. Very interesting page. Well done.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM

It seem that you already found some exercise on the steps of Cerro Santa Lucia ;~)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Your 48 hours are equal to 48 days for someone else! Perfect VT-job, thanks Michael for sharing!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Santiago

Have you been to Santiago?