"a system of Vietcong-tunnels" Top 5 Page for this destination Cu Chi by globetrott

Cu Chi Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 562 photos

This page is about one of the tunnel-systems built by the Vietcong during the war against the USA

You will see how easily and fast the ground did "swallow" the soldiers...

• In a nutshell:a place of history
  • Last visit to Cu Chi: Mar 2009
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2011

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Thank you for visiting my new Oswiecim page and the Delphi souvenirs. Quite different stories! Chu Chi is not for visitors suffering of claustrophobia!

• May 22, 2011 at 2:47 AM

mit etwas cleverness und Ausdauer kann man jede militärische Supermacht mit minimalen Mitteln bezwingen, das finde ich sehr beruhigend !

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Excellent pages ! The tunnels are amazing.We have a trip booked for Jan...can't wait.

• abc37's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2010 at 5:24 AM

das ist echt interessant, daß die Vietnamesen jetzt noch mit dem Vietnamkrieg ganz gut Geld verdienen !

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Interesting historical destination, I am sure I could never fit in one of those tunnels.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 11:11 AM

It's a wonderful memorial of course! Thanks for sharing, Michael! ><><><><

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2009 at 2:11 AM

Cu Chi was certainly an interesting and amazing place to visit, you have put so much info on your tips, much more than I remember from our half day visit.

• pure1942's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Hi Michael, Great page on a place I plan to visit in October. Like your Mandioc tip. I ate it as part of my staple diet in Brazil, where it is also very popular :) Thanks for sharing. Brian

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Excellent page about such a distant for me place. Germans are also welcomed in Russia in spite of WWII.... I doubt that the Vietnamese soldiers were also well-paid by Russia or China (but weapon was from there no doubt!)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2009 at 11:56 PM

I was stationed not far from Cu Chi in 1964/65, in the next province, but we didn't even know about the tunnels at that time. Thirty years later I went back with my older son and I actually overcame my claustrophobia long enough to crawl through a tunnel.

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Cu Chi