"Bacharach - a romantic village at the river Rhine" Top 5 Page for this destination Bacharach by globetrott

Bacharach Travel Guide: 128 reviews and 354 photos

Bacharach is one of the most scenic places of the river Rhine, with plenty of lovely half-timbered houses and Burch Stahleck, high above the village.
Stahleck is certainly the most romantic Youth-hostel in germany !

Don't miss the old "Thurn & Taxis - Post-office" in the centre of town, the inner-court is even more beautiful than the old wooden gate in the main street of Bacharach...

• Intro Updated Jul 23, 2006

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Lovely page on this very pretty area.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2007 at 12:07 PM

Useful tips about one of my favorite areas in Germany!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2006 at 12:08 PM

Ah, yes, e will definitely visit Bacharach as well :-)) Thanks for the restaurant tip, and also for the Dali house, this looks very interesting :-)

• GandalfOnTour's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2006 at 5:07 AM

This is one hostel I will definitely try, it sounds like an amazing place. Thanks for the info and the pics

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 3:05 PM

Great page with very useful tips!I did the rivercruise from Koblenz to Bacherach passing by the huge number of romantic castles on just a few kilometers that cant be seen anywhere else in the world.The Middle Rhine totally deserves to be a world heritage!

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2006 at 9:04 AM

I rarely say this about a place, but it would be worth visiting Bacharach just to stay in one of its hotels with a gorgeous view.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 4:43 AM

I've been here a long time ago, but didn't remember it was so nice. Thanks for sharing.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2006 at 3:07 AM

Bacharach is a very nice Rhine village. I prefer the Mosel, though... ;) Cheers, Mark

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2006 at 9:59 PM

What a gem!!! I have never visited this part of Germany, but I think I should do so in the near future!! Thanks for sharing, Michael!

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Spasibo Michael for your beautiful tips and pics. I'm fond of German burgs and shlosses. May be one day I'll visit Bacharach... This year I'll visit Oberhausen (N-Reihn).

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Bacharach

Have you been to Bacharach?

Photos in Bacharach