"Scenic mountains & also some sort of history" Top 5 Page for this destination Berchtesgaden by globetrott

Berchtesgaden Travel Guide: 283 reviews and 827 photos

Berchtesgaden is a lovely town in Bavaria, But also quite close to Salzburg !

For many people the Kehlsteinhaus, Obersalzberg and the Nazi-bunkers of the area are the main attractions of Berchtesgaden , BUT in fact there is a lot more to see and explore...

• Last visit to Berchtesgaden: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2006

• Florida999's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Nice page on Berchtesgaden! We are going there this summer for a few days. I have been there before but it's been many years. Just wanted to see what the top VT page looked like:)

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2011 at 2:02 PM

It certainly is one of the more beautiful places in Germany-I think we both agree. The Koenigssee is so serene. As always, you comments afre excellent. We just got back from Dresden,BAmberg, BAyreuth, and then Spain

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2008 at 5:11 AM

I would like to make St. Bartholomae my first stop and then a refreshing pils at Bier Adam!

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2007 at 2:03 AM

I have been to the Kehlsteinhaus a number of times. The last time I walked up - I must have been crazy, but you do have time to photograph the views as you catch your breath.

• florry's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Ivery much enjoyed your pages. thanks..all the best from Ireland

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 11:30 AM

St. Bartholomae, pilgrim-church looks fairy-like. I was going to visit this beautiful corner of Bavaria some 10 years ago but my 3 cons were: crowds, unpredictable weather (in mountians) and high prices. Maybe soon... ffter reading your wonderful page :-)

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 12:23 PM

What a history lesson! Excellent coverage of Berchtesgaden and Koengissee. The hiking looks somewhat intense. Love the architectural details, the history, the scenery, and the helpful information.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 6:36 AM

Michael, what an awesome page this is!! This is a very impressive part of Bavaria and those views of and on the Koengissee are spectacular! Excellent descriptions of the many options available to the lucky tourists who manage to reach Berchtesgaden.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 4:43 AM

What a fascinating trip! Gorgeous elevator, by the way. Think the bunkers would freak me out, but the views are amazing. Loved the pilgrim church too.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2006 at 7:38 PM

Since my whole family loves history, we'd love to visit Berchtesgaden! I didn't realize that the Eagle's Nest is now a restaurant. Thanks for the tips and photos!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Berchtesgaden

Have you been to Berchtesgaden?