Bernkastel-Kues Things to Do Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Bernkastel-Kues Things to Do: 47 reviews and 104 photos
This great building is just a few meters from the old townhall and when you click on my picture, you may see that the ground-floor is just 2 meters wide, while the upper floor is much wider.
What a great building that has a small "Weinstube" inside, so you may actually also explore the architecture from inside.
In a place like Berncastle the ground was quite expensive and the biggest parts of it were used for the vinyards, so you may see that every little corner of the village was used to build houses.
Directions: Just a few steps from the old town-hall and the market square
Have a look around the townhall for the great back-entrance of the building with the head-sculpture of god Bacchus on top.
It is great to see this type of entrance and the red facade with lovely golden ornaments.
Directions: Just behind the town-hall
The old baroque townhall is certainly one of the most beautiful buildings in Bernkastel-Kues.
Just click on my picture and have a look for the old windows on 1st floor and the great ornaments around the balcony.
On top of the balcony you see a small statue of the virgin Mary.
Directions: Directely on the main square
St.Michael is the patron of the town Bernkastel-Kues and so you may see him also on top of the fountain on the main-square.
St.Michael is an angel, therefore you may see his golden wings on the statue, surrounded by great old half-timbered houses.
This fountain dates back to 1606.
Directions: Directely on the town-square
St.Michaelskirche dates back to the end of the 14th century, but the tower is much older and was once part of the fortification-walls around the town.
Inside the church you may see a "holy grave" of the 17th century.
Directions: Not far from the Mosel
a house dating back to 1644
When you take a closer look at the great facades you may sometimes see the date , when the building was built or restored.
This building indicates 1644, and when you click on my picture you may as well see the lovely ornaments and decorations of the wooden structure in the facade.
Directions: This building is directely on town-square.
the lovely town-square of Bernkastel
The small town-square of Berncastel-Kues is completely surrounded by these lovely half-timbered houses, dating back partly to the 17th century.
The town-square if off-limits for cars ( except for a few local people ), so walking there is easy and great fun !
Directions: On the town-square , just behind the church.
More Reviews (41)
- See All What a great balcony at the river
- See All the main square at night
- See All take the old Mercedes to the castle...
- See All share your table with a bear
globetrott's Related Pages
Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a great castle & bears for breakfast"
- "Amazing half-timbered houses"
- "Welcome in Bernkastel Kues - Mosel valley"
- "Heart of the central Mosel"
- "DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BERNKASTEL-KUES!"
- "A Surprise trip to the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer wine area"
- "Bernkastel-Kues: German Fairy-Tale Romantic"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bernkastel-Kues
- Hotels in Bernkastel-Kues
- Transportation in Bernkastel-Kues
- Nightlife in Bernkastel-Kues
- Restaurants in Bernkastel-Kues
- Shopping in Bernkastel-Kues
- Warnings and Dangers in Bernkastel-Kues
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sainte-Croix Hotels
- Fanning Island Hotels
- Lubrín Hotels
- Laughlin Hotels
- Vila Franca do Campo
Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues
- 48 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bernkastel-Kues
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: Visiting Genoa for a few..."
- Commented on one of ATLC's Bernkastel-Kues travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "a good reason to see the doctor !"
- Wrote a Review What a great balcony at the river in Bernkastel-Kues Hotels
- updated a Bernkastel-Kues Travel Page "a great castle & bears for breakfast"
Photos in Bernkastel-KuesSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
Latest Bernkastel-Kues hotel reviews
- Hotel Gastehaus E. Prum
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2013
- Hotel - Restaurant 'Doctor Weinstube'
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 23, 2012
- Hotel Moselpark Eventresort
- 13 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Flair Hotel Zum Kurfuersten
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- Burg Landshut Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2012
- Hotel Baeren
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2012