"a great castle & bears for breakfast" Top 5 Page for this destination Bernkastel-Kues by globetrott

Bernkastel-Kues Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 332 photos

I came several times to Bernkastel, while I used to work for KD-German Rhineline and I also returned 4 times for a short stop-over, as the Rhine- and the Mosel-valley is one of my favorite areas in Germany.

• Last visit to Bernkastel-Kues: Apr 2004
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2004

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2008 at 5:50 AM

Aaaaaah! A nice trip back into memoty lane. It has been a while evenrsince I have been there. Must be on my way soon. Thanx for sharing! Great info and pictures!

• Mar 26, 2007 at 9:30 AM

Thank you so much! I am a scrapbooking military wife living in Germany and took a picture of this poem - don't speak German and needed the translation. Your tip was perfect! Thanks again!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2004 at 8:25 AM

It has been many years since I visited Bernkastel-kues,I'd fogotten how beautiful it was,thank you.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2004 at 2:47 PM

Well, well, okay, the Mosel is also quite a nice valley, and the Rieslings are pretty good... but nothing comes close to my dear Ahr valley... just had another gorgeous daytrip yesterday (added some pics) Greetings, Winfried

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2004 at 3:05 PM

Wonderful page about Bernkastel-Kues Michael!! Those strange build houses look fantastic! Hahaha, and those texts on the houses are so funny :-)) Didn't know this village was so picturesque! I have to go here next time :-)))

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2004 at 2:22 PM

won't say much....wein macht den durst erst schoen. Kroever Nacktarsch ^.. hehehe bin gerade mal nach hause gefahren!! Dankeschoen Michael

• morgane1692's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2004 at 1:52 AM

you are so right, one of the loveliest spots in Germany alright. an unexpected treat for me, that's for sure! soooo picturesque...;-)

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2004 at 2:40 PM

WONDERFUL page:) The food looks good and the bears are so much fun :) [There is a small in near Monterey, CA that has something similar ;)]

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2004 at 7:44 AM

That back entrance is amazing! And the restaurant with the view sounds so nice. Lovely area to explore on quiet holidays. In about a week I will leave for a vinyard area for a long weekend, so reading this page was very interesting.

• sargentjeff's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2004 at 11:59 AM

great page, I love those houses. Looks like so many other beautiful German houses

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Bernkastel-Kues

Have you been to Bernkastel-Kues?