Bingen am Rhein Transportation Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Bingen am Rhein Transportation: 12 reviews and 18 photos
When you are on vacation in Bingen, a daycruise on the river Rhine is a MUST ! Plenty of ships of all sizes offer such tours, mostly they will first go to Ruedesheim and then downstream to the Loreley.
Such a cruise offers a lot of views, that you will never get, while driving the road along the river in your own car or by train. A cruise-ship will have the right speed in order to be able to enjoy all castles and sights at both banks of the river. Make sure you buy one of the many maps of the river Rhine, that list all of the names and details of the castles passing by
About 4 km south of Bingen - at Ingelheim - you may cross the river Rhine / Rhein in order to get to Oestich-Winkel by quite a large car-ferry, that might make sense, when you want to escape the trafic-jams of Bingen and Ruedesheim.
This ferry is for small cars only, because at the side of Oestrich-Winkel you have to go under the train-bridge and so this ferry takes cars only untill a hight of 2,20 meters !!
Mon-Fri from 06.15a.m. Sat. 07.15 & Sun 08.15a.m.
last sailing is at 09.15p.m.
In Oestrich-Winkel all ferries start and end
15 minutes before these times,
so the 1st ride is 06.00a.m. etc....
There is a ferry for cars and pedestrians from Bingen to Ruedesheim, as the next bridge over the Rhine is in Mainz ( 50km upstream) or in Koblenz ( more than 100 km downstream)
This ferry runs almost all day , and we did not have to wait a long time before it strated to go across the river.
It is a hard job for the captain of such a ferry to find out the right moment for the crossing, as there are plenty of small and big ships going up and down the Rhine - almost like on a highway...
More Reviews (16)
- See All Rhine River Lights / Rhein in Flammen
- sleep in a castle high above the Rhine
- See All Oestrich - 10km upstream from Bingen
globetrott's Related Pages
Bingen am Rhein Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BINGEN AM RHEIN"
- "Bingen - the gate to the Rhine-valley"
- "Bingen: hub to the Rhein Valley and more :)"
- "I Feel Like a Tin of Peas"
- "A Rhine town, not too far from Frankfurt Airport"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bingen am Rhein
- Hotels in Bingen am Rhein
- Transportation in Bingen am Rhein
- Nightlife in Bingen am Rhein
- Restaurants in Bingen am Rhein
- Warnings and Dangers in Bingen am Rhein
- See All...
Explore the World
- Langgar Hotels
- Glenwood Springs Hotels
- Jakarta Hotels
- San Borja Hotels
- Hlavni Mesto Praha
- Surat Thani
Badges & Stats in Bingen am Rhein
- 19 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Bingen am Rhein?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bingen am Rhein
- Posted in Travel Hallstatt Forum "Re: Bad weather?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Rhine River Lights / Rhein in Flammen"
- Wrote a Review Rhine River Lights / Rhein in Flammen in Bingen am Rhein Local Customs
- updated a Bingen am Rhein Travel Page "Bingen - the gate to the Rhine-valley"
- Commented on one of jessicadf's Bingen am Rhein travel pages
Photos in Bingen am RheinSee All Photos (64)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (342)
Latest Bingen am Rhein hotel reviews
- NH Bingen
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013