Cochem Shopping Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Cochem Shopping: 5 reviews and 8 photos
a perfect souvenir from Cochem & the Mosel-valley
All over Cochem, and especially in the pederstrian area you may buy a big choice of wines from the Mosel-valley.
What to buy: Kroever Nacktarsch is my favorite souvenir for people with a good sense of humor, and of course they should understand some german !
Nacktarsch - it will not be possible to translate this name into English, without parts beeing automatically removed...
n@cked @ss is the name in English and of course it is a registered wine-trademark and may be used ONLY by vinters in Kröv !!
On the back of the bottle you may read the story behind that funny name - small children tasted the wine and were punished ...
What to pay: Depending on the year you pay about 3-5 Euros per bottle with 0,7 litres.
Directions: When you walk through the pedestrian area of Cochem, almost every 2nd shop is wine-store.
Theme: Food and Drink
Great winebottles as a souvenir from Cochem
My favorite wine-shop in Cochem is the one of Weingut Göbel-Schleyer, close to the hotel Alte Thorschenke.
First of all this is the place, where you may get the glass of wine, that is offered for all adult passengers of the "street-train-tour" and they also have a big choice of local wines and nice accesories and souvenirs.
What to buy: This shop was the only one in Cochem, where I saw such stoneware bottles and I think they make a perfect souvenir, with the castle of Cochem on the label and you may still use them, when the souvenir-wine is gone and just a nice bottle is left.
Did you see the top of this bottle, that could be opened and closed easily and even includes some kind of a handle to carry the bottle.
What to pay: I expected a high price, when I saw it, BUT in fact the stoneware-bottle with 0,7 litres of Mosel-wine is just 4,40 Euros.
In case that you prefer a smaller size : such a bottle of wine in 0,5 litre is 3,30 Euros !
Directions: When you walk through the pedestrian area in the centre of Cochem and walk towards the bridge across the Mosel, this shop is at the almost end, opposite of Hotel Alte Thorschenke.
Phone: 02671 / 7444
More Reviews (50)
- See All a romantic place in Cochem
- See All Have your photo taken on the chairlift
- See All Burg Bischofstein - 25km downstream from...
globetrott's Related Pages
Cochem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " A great castle in the lovely Mosel - valley"
- "We 'did' Cochem"
- "Cochem - One of my favorite towns on the Mosel"
- "Cochem, "die Mosel erleben""
- "cochem germany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cochem
- Hotels in Cochem
- Transportation in Cochem
- Restaurants in Cochem
- Shopping in Cochem
- Warnings and Dangers in Cochem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cochem
- 52 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (426)
Have you been to Cochem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cochem
- Posted in Travel Faroe Islands Forum "Re: Faroe visit"
- Commented on one of ATLC's Cochem travel pages
- Wrote a Review Kröver Nacktarsch is a registered wine-label in Cochem Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to " Wine makes a perfect souvenir"
- updated a Cochem Travel Page " A great castle in the lovely Mosel - valley"
Photos in CochemSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 349 reviews, 985 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 172 reviews, 746 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia Intro, 161 reviews, 755 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 166 reviews, 742 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 202 reviews, 565 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cyprus Intro, 98 reviews, 444 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 151 reviews, 388 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ireland Intro, 100 reviews, 424 photos