"Wartburg, lots of vintage-Wartburgs & a lot more" Top 5 Page for this destination Eisenach by globetrott

Eisenach Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 371 photos

Eisenach is a place of german history :Martin Luther was translating his bible at Wartburg, Johann Sebastian Bach was born in Eisenach

Wartburg also stands for an important part of the car-production of the former DDR : The Wartburg-cars were produced here after WW II

• Last visit to Eisenach: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2008

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM

Lots of interesting things to see and do in Eisenach, but I especially liked your tips on Automobile Welt Eisenach and the background info on Audi!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Michael, excellent new page. Unfortunately I only came through Eisenach by train, but I know that the region is well worth a visit. I especially like your photos of the cars and the tips about the car museums as well as your off the beaten path tips.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Thorough and useful page! I saw only the Schloss (outside) because we arrived to Eisenach too late and the site was already closed. Dream to revisit it and the city.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2008 at 10:38 AM

What a cute narrow house! Very interesting destination indeed.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Luther, Bach, a castle and many beautiful old buildings. Sounds to be a great place to visit!

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM

You've got me Michael! What a combination of marvellous old buildings, history and car museums. If ever we find ourselves in Germany, this will be on our "to visit" list.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2008 at 12:03 PM

I love your lead picture on this page! The Wartburg with the Elisabeth-Kemenate as the sky! I've been to Eisenach several times on business (and saw a fine opera performance at the Thüringer Landestheater), but I've never made it up to the Wartburg (yet).

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Gadem should add "Globetrotts Nachspeise" (Coffee and Pastry) to their dishes in memory of the top of a million VT-ers who was visiting them.

• robertgaz's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2008 at 6:36 AM

Eisenach certainly has some famous favourite sons!

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Badges & Stats in Eisenach

Have you been to Eisenach?

Photos in Eisenach