Europe Sports & Outdoors Tips by globetrott Top 5 Page for this destination
Europe Sports & Outdoors: 43 reviews and 55 photos
Wiener Eistraum is an annual event - all of the square between the Burgtheater and Rathaus / Town Hall will be dedicated as a large place for scating. Long slopes will lead you also through the park, there is music playing outside and also inside various restaurant-tents.
This year it started Jan. 25th
09.00a.m.-04.00p.m. you pay 3,50 / children 2,50 / families 8,50
04.00p.m.-11.00p.m. the prices are : 5,00 / 4,00 / 13,- Euros
Equipment: Bring your own equipment or simply rent it there against a small fee. Even the toilets may be reached with your scates on !!
The fee for renting a pair of scating-shoes was 6 Euros in 2006 (3,80 Euros for children)
Directions: Wiener Eistraum is always between Burgtheater and Rathaus/Townhall. Get there by tram #1 or #2.
Kieler Woche is the biggest annual sailing-event of Europe and it is traditionally held in June. It includes a parade of old windyammers and sailingships of all sizes. In Kiel-Holtenau, east of the locks of Kielcanal / Nord-Ostsee-Kanal you will see many of these old windyammers docked throughout the year and you will be able to walk along that pier freely and without restrictions like I did in order to take these pics.
Equipment: See the program of Kieler Woche here in english
and for the german program click on the link below
Directions: Kiel is a port-town on the Baltic Sea, in the north of Germany !
Paragliding from Brienzer Rothorn
Switzerland is a great place to go Paragliding, even when you have never done it before. There are many young pilots waiting for "victims" for a tandem-flight, you may book such flights in advance or simply go to the top of a mountain like Schiltorn, Brienzer Rothorn and many others and search for a pilot there - when you are lucky and maybe also not in the high season you may decide on top of the mountain, if you dare to fly down with one of the pilots. The pilot on my pictures was waiting 2 hours in vain before he decided to fly down alone. In fact he was not only going downwards, BUT was able to find a perfect wind to take him UP-wards several hundred meters, before he sailed down to the valley...
from Schilthorn : 270,- sfr / from Muerren : 160,- sfr
Equipment: The equipment is given by the pilot - they always have a large rucksack with all necessary equipments
Directions: The pilots are waiting about halfway between the restaurant and the peak of Rothorn - you may recognize them by their equipment !
Theme: Extreme Sports
More Reviews (374)
- See All a place in Germany for all Hundertwasser...
- See All RUSSIA: I found 50.000,- $$ on the Red...
- See All ITALY: Siena - give it at least 24 hours
- See All ITALY: Carnevale di Venezia
- See All RYANAIR uses a special map of Europe
globetrott's Related Pages
Europe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- "A-Z of Europe"
- "Travelling through Europe...."
- "Europe, where does it start and finish?"
- "The Little 3d Sister: Europe"
- "A part of Europe I have visited and admired"
- "EUROPE - the old World"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Europe
- Hotels in Europe
- Transportation in Europe
- Nightlife in Europe
- Restaurants in Europe
- Shopping in Europe
- Warnings and Dangers in Europe
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon Hotels
- Salou Hotels
- Port Huron
- Sapporo Hotels
- Sapa Hotels
- Ilha de Fernando de Noronha
Badges & Stats in Europe
- 6,129 Reviews
- 20,082 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 93 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (208)
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Europe
- Posted in Travel Genoa Forum "Re: Visiting Genoa for a few..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "GERMANY - Bernkastel-Kues"
- updated a Europe Travel Page "The very BEST places of EUROPE"
- Wrote a Review a place in Germany for all Hundertwasser - fans in Europe Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Beausoleil's Europe travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santiago de Compostela Intro, 251 reviews, 1221 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Intro, 377 reviews, 1066 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Intro, 262 reviews, 1130 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 192 reviews, 893 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Norway Intro, 203 reviews, 792 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Germany Intro, 181 reviews, 805 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 200 reviews, 552 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Switzerland Intro, 172 reviews, 413 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salzburg Intro, 160 reviews, 421 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 253 reviews, 293 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (342)
Top Europe hotels
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Amsterdam Hotels
- 10041 Reviews - 20816 Photos
- Barcelona Hotels
- 9441 Reviews - 21467 Photos
- Venice Hotels
- 8142 Reviews - 21399 Photos
- Prague Hotels
- 11434 Reviews - 23108 Photos
- Albufeira Hotels
- 360 Reviews - 664 Photos
- Benidorm Hotels
- 439 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Milan Hotels
- 2765 Reviews - 6830 Photos
- Palma de Mallorca Hotels
- 733 Reviews - 1875 Photos
- Florence Hotels
- 5082 Reviews - 11268 Photos
- Dublin Hotels
- 5063 Reviews - 9248 Photos
- Vienna Hotels
- 7173 Reviews - 17491 Photos
- Sorrento Hotels
- 627 Reviews - 1400 Photos