"Going back to the Roots !" globetrott's Profile

This is some statistics-info that I copied from my dashboard:
On Dec 12th, 2012 I started to delete more than 5000 tips in order to cut down the high number of my pages - for the reason explained below !

When I started VT in 2001 everything was different and I had the feeling it would be great to find as many places on the VT-map that nobody had written about and add my tips & pics there. There was even a “pioneer-badge” promised by the “mothership” already a long time ago for such places, but it never happened !
Even some "obstacles" were added for people with so many different places written about in a single continent – like me with 565 pages about Europe and other members like basaic with more than 1600 pages in USA, as you have to click on my European map + “view 100 more” + “view 100 more” + “view 100 more” + “view 100 more” + “view 100 more” in order to see ALL of my 565 pages about Europe. That is not very practical and everytime you click on any of these pages and step back you need to click 6 times again.
It does not help me in that matter, when they say, that most people will find my pages through google anyway, there are cases , when I talk to my friends and tell them to take a look at my Spanish pages, but they are at the very end of my map-list and they have to click 6 times.
This is why I started to cut down my european pages from 565 to 129 so far, deleting more than 5.000 tips and 12.000 pics although I was sure to loose my #1 position, that does not have any more meaning to me anyway.
In the contrary: Moving down will prevent me from adding any more tips nor will I do any repairs of my tips that I have moved from various smaller locations now to city-pages and country-pages, where they would need some changes in the text now of course.

In the future you will find me mainly in the Forums !

• Intro Updated Jun 11, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
globetrott's Profile Photo

globetrott

“in all 7 continents: veni - vidi - and took lots of pictures”

Real Name