"Marvão" Top 5 Page for this destination Marvão by veigapaula
Marvão Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 238 photos
A rider from Islam, Ibn Marwan used to rest here in the IXth century and the village got its name from him... This garden is exquisite as you can see....
Very rough to walk on and very vertically inclined; you keep goping up and down...You have to bring your medication and supplies if you want to have a snack at night or during the day. The only option are one or two cafe-bar-restaurants, even to shop for only a bottle of water...
Eating in restaurants is also complicated; you have a very expensive one that has the same food as the others not so expensive but they are only 3...
- Pros:Silence, sightseeing, castle, beautiful location
- Cons:Lack of supplie stores, eating places, leisure activities
- In a nutshell:Perfect for an escape weekend!
The castle was really my favourite, maybe because of lacking of other interesting monuments (the churches inside the... more travel advice
trolleys with wheels warm in autumn and spring, light in summer (very hot) and wool in winter All.......... Yes,... more travel advice
veigapaula's Related Pages
Marvão Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marvão - A Hilltop Castle & Enclosed Garden!"
- "Marvão the eagles nest"
- "Where we can see the birds back"
- "Marvao - UNESCO candidate 2004"
- "Marvão: The Unforgettable Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marvão
- Hotels in Marvão
- Transportation in Marvão
- Restaurants in Marvão
- Shopping in Marvão
- Warnings and Dangers in Marvão
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marvão
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Marvão?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marvão
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Faro 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Sintra Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marvão Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mértola Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos