"Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..." veigapaula's Profile
Conference on Bioarchaeology of Egypt, sightseeing, dining and meeting colleagues in situ...what else?
At the beautiful museums of the Cinquentenaire, more especifically in the Museum of Art and History, we had our CIPEG 2012. Chances to see a marvelous collection, chat with colleagues and experience an exquisite social programme. Loved it!
I love the desert....
At the publisher's stand in the British Museum for the Egyptology Conference, September 2010
CT scanning, x-ray analysis of bones, teeth and other objects that might have been wrapped with her, macroscopic observation of body, fractures, probabilities for cause and time of death, diet, daily activities she might had, determining age-at-death, studying traces of diseases shown by lesions...
The best technologies available for the living are also available after hours for the dead. Hospitals and medical clinics are always keen on helping scanning the mummies...
Researching ancient Egypt legacy on medicine and health in those days, daily life at the Egyptians home, religious practices always side-by-side with magic, the gods in which they believed and their application to myths which were relevant to the well-being of people...
Studying the human remains from the past makes it possible to reach important conclusions on what affected individuals and compare it to present diseases and afflictions.
Roman osteological remains are key to understand so many civilizational changes both in Europe and in Africa.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 185 Reviews
- 595 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
- Commented on veigapaula's profile page
- updated a Costa de Caparica Travel Page "Beaches closeby and from younger years..."
updated their Profile Page "Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..."
- Posted in Travel Cairo Forum "Re: Cairo-Asiut"
- veigapaula and fipsi are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Nice location, bad service...and... in Istanbul Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Portugal
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Faro 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Sintra Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marvão Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mértola Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos