"Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..." veigapaula's Profile
Conference on Bioarchaeology of Egypt, sightseeing, dining and meeting colleagues in situ...what else?
At the beautiful museums of the Cinquentenaire, more especifically in the Museum of Art and History, we had our CIPEG 2012. Chances to see a marvelous collection, chat with colleagues and experience an exquisite social programme. Loved it!
I love the desert....
At the publisher's stand in the British Museum for the Egyptology Conference, September 2010
CT scanning, x-ray analysis of bones, teeth and other objects that might have been wrapped with her, macroscopic observation of body, fractures, probabilities for cause and time of death, diet, daily activities she might had, determining age-at-death, studying traces of diseases shown by lesions...
The best technologies available for the living are also available after hours for the dead. Hospitals and medical clinics are always keen on helping scanning the mummies...
Researching ancient Egypt legacy on medicine and health in those days, daily life at the Egyptians home, religious practices always side-by-side with magic, the gods in which they believed and their application to myths which were relevant to the well-being of people...
Studying the human remains from the past makes it possible to reach important conclusions on what affected individuals and compare it to present diseases and afflictions.
Roman osteological remains are key to understand so many civilizational changes both in Europe and in Africa.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 185 Reviews
- 595 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 42 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Commented on one of veigapaula's Castelo de Vide tips
- updated a Costa de Caparica Travel Page "Beaches closeby and from younger years..."
updated their Profile Page "Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Back from Egypt and preparing a national trip..."
- Posted in Travel Cairo Forum "Re: Cairo-Asiut"
- veigapaula and fipsi are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Nice location, bad service...and... in Istanbul Hotels
- Uploaded a Video to Portugal
Top 10 Pages
- Egypt Intro, 39 reviews, 42 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 20 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Faro 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Sintra Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Manchester Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marvão Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mértola Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aswan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos