"INTRA" Intra by Joan58

Intra Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 15 photos

A step in History

Intra is a nice little town on Lake Maggiore. Its name derives from Latin 'intra flumina' that means 'between two rivers'.
In 1939 Intra and other towns were united forming the Commune of Verbania which becomes Chief town of a province in 1992.
It's an appreciated health resort and in spring and summer many tourists arrive from all the world in order to visite Verbania and Lake Maggiore.
(please, wait. This page is under construction...I have to go round my town to take pics as a tourist...a strange thing for me...)

• Intro Updated Mar 6, 2003

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jul 31, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Yes, lucky girl you are to live here :-)) I'll be up in Val Grande in autumn and might spend a day at the water :-))

• Manara's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Lago Maggiore is so beautiful!You are lucky to live there.

• KidRock's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 12:25 AM

Great pages Joan! Like your "little" plant!!!!

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 2:24 PM

What a lovely place to call home, I rember crosing on that ferry many years ago now

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 6:14 AM

You live in a great place...

• chancay's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 2:31 AM

a beautiful page about your homeplace!! I wish you a grat birthday party!!

• Janni67's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 2:09 PM

What a lovely hometown you have ---wish I had a view like that from where I live!!!

• Klod5's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2003 at 10:42 PM

Thank you Manuela to make us discover the region where you live in, that seems marvelous. I heard to speak a lot of the Dolomites, that shelter numerous very rare and beautiful plants. I would like to come one day in this region.
    Good work !

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2003 at 11:22 PM

Looks like you are lucky to live in a beautiful place and I can understand with that view from your home why you love it.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2003 at 3:56 AM

bello e tranquilo, farci vedere ancora di piu

Joan58 Lives Here!

Joan58

“choose a star and follow it”

Badges & Stats in Intra