La Romana Off The Beaten Path Tips by Joan58 Top 5 Page for this destination
La Romana Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 3 photos
Going round the suburbs at La Romana far from the traffic and the crowded streets, you'll pass through little dirt streets and you'll see these small houses with them little kitchen garden and children who are playing all around.
After I was over my first impression and overcame my fear, I had a good time going round the market, wandering around the stalls and bargaining over the price.Here the sellers are not so persistent as in a tourist market. I bought a bandana of Dominican Republic.
Going round the town I observed old light poles that I saw only in some old picture took in the 50' in Italy and I passed under a cobweb of telephone and light wires. Then I visited the local market going among the people and observing their work. If an Italian health officer came here, he made them closedown everything!!
More Reviews (16)
- See All Other kinds of sport...
- The local commercial center
- The motoconchos
- See All Isla Catalina
- Dancing all night
Joan58's Related Pages
La Romana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Romana, Cigars and a huge sugar factory"
- "screamin57's new Juan Dolio Page"
- "LA ROMANA"
- "Patricialuv's new La Romana Page"
- "Bayahibe, La Romana -Republica Dominicana"
- "La Romana Dominican Republic 3/09"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Romana
- Hotels in La Romana
- Transportation in La Romana
- Nightlife in La Romana
- Restaurants in La Romana
- Shopping in La Romana
- Warnings and Dangers in La Romana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Romana
- 19 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to La Romana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Romana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocho Rios Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Havana Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayahibe Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Romana Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla Saona Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Santo Domingo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago Maggiore Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos