"LA ROMANA" Top 5 Page for this destination La Romana by Joan58
La Romana Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 101 photos
La Romana is a little town on the south-eastern coast of Dominican Republic, 114 kilometers east Santo Domingo. Its development began in 1917 when a big sugar refinery was built. Today the sugar trade is falling, but the tourist development helps its economy. Near La Romana there is Casa de Campo, the biggest and most famous holiday village of the Dominican Republic, where thousand of people work.
If you don't like to have a good sweat with tiring sports, you can just play bowl or ping-pong on the beach...sports for... more travel advice
We went to La Romana by taxi which are waiting at the entrance of the resorts (agree on the price before leaving). So we... more travel advice
- The local commercial center
- See All Isla Catalina
- Dancing all night
- See All Local custom...in a holiday village
Joan58's Related Pages
La Romana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La Romana, Cigars and a huge sugar factory"
- "screamin57's new Juan Dolio Page"
- "LA ROMANA"
- "Patricialuv's new La Romana Page"
- "Bayahibe, La Romana -Republica Dominicana"
- "La Romana Dominican Republic 3/09"
- See All...
- Things to Do in La Romana
- Hotels in La Romana
- Transportation in La Romana
- Nightlife in La Romana
- Restaurants in La Romana
- Shopping in La Romana
- Warnings and Dangers in La Romana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Romana
- 19 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to La Romana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Romana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocho Rios Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Havana Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bayahibe Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Romana Intro, 19 reviews, 19 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 4 travelogues
- Isla Saona Intro, 15 reviews, 16 photos
- Santo Domingo Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Ruinas Chichén-Itzá Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lago Maggiore Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos