"Sequoia National Park" Sequoia National Park by Alice-Kees
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 301 reviews and 653 photos
Aaah, Sequoia! Just when we were thinking that we had seen it all in California we came to another national park that is so totally different from the other parks. Big trees are the most important attraction here. Many groves of the remarkable giant sequoia are found scattered along the moist, west-facing slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountains, between elevations of 5000 and 7000 feet. Most people will arrive from the Central Valley of California with its warm temperatures. It is good to know, that most of Sequoia N.P. is located high on the sierra, so don't be surprised by the colder weather here!
There are not many roads in the park; the main through road (Generals Highway) will take you to Giant Forest where you find the tallest tree, named "General Sherman Tree" which holds the world record for the most massive living thing.
Large parts of the park are not accessible by car. If you have plenty of time, pack your camping gear, put on your walking boots and go back country for some serious trekking.
And for all you photo fans and armchair travellers, please be invited to our travelogue, where you find some extra pictures on the Congress Trail
Alice-Kees' Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "Sierra Nevada at its Best - SEQUOIA NAT PARK"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Morocco Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Catania Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Mdina Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Sequoia National Park hotel reviews
- Wuksachi Lodge & Village
- 585 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013