"The Oak City" Top 5 Page for this destination Stellenbosch by Alice-Kees
Stellenbosch Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 276 photos
Streets lined with century-old oaks give this city its Afrikaans nickname "Eikestad", (the oak city). But it's not the oaks you come for, it should be the wine. Stellenbosch is the most important city of the Winelands. Stellenbosch is the main hub for wine routes. You would need at least a week to get an idea of the most important wine estates. On average, you need about a day to visit 3 or 4 of them (including tasting).
Stellenbosch itself is a very attractive town and being the home to Stellenbosch University, there is a more lively atmosphere than in your average South African town. And then in the purbs you discover that it's not only wine that is consumed here...
For some more Wineland info, I would like to invite you to also read our page on Somerset West where you can find one of the finest wine estates...
"Le Verger" is basically a bed & breakfast, but they have one or two self catering cottages too. We stayed at the... more travel advice
Alice-Kees' Related Pages
Stellenbosch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Van der Stel's forest"
- "Stellenbosch: history, wine, and more ..."
- "Wine and more wine"
- "The Oak City"
- "STELLENBOSCH - PICTURE POSTCARD PERFECT!"
- "Cape Wineries"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stellenbosch
- Hotels in Stellenbosch
- Transportation in Stellenbosch
- Restaurants in Stellenbosch
- Shopping in Stellenbosch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stellenbosch
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Stellenbosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stellenbosch
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Morocco Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Catania Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Mdina Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue