"Wilderness" Top 5 Page for this destination Wilderness by Alice-Kees
Wilderness Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 46 photos
The town of Wilderness is not that big: the "town centre" consists of a small shopping square and some restaurants that mainly cater for tourists. So, if it's not the town you're heading for, it must be the environments of Wilderness...
The place appears to be the main gateway to the Wilderness National Park. Here you find forests, dunes, wetlands and 16 kms of inland waterways. To explore all this there is an excellent network of walking trails and you may also want to rent a canoe and go out spotting the variety of birdlife here.
We stayed for 2 nights, and did some walks and an inland excursion through a nice and green countryside with the majestic Outeniqua Mountains on the backdrop.
- Pros:Outstanding nature.
- Cons:It can get crowdy during high season.
The Bushcamp Lodge in Wilderness is a small scale property with self catering bamboo houses located in the forest on the... more travel advice
Alice-Kees' Related Pages
Wilderness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wilderness - Garden Route"
- "Wilderness - South Africa: Beauty unequalled"
- "Wilderness National Park"
- "Mountains, Forest, Lakes, & Beach at Your Doorstep"
- "Honeymooning in the wilderness"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wilderness
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Wilderness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wilderness
Top 10 Pages
- Cape Town Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Morocco Intro, 6 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sicilia Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taormina Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Catania Intro, 2 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos, 2 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 9 photos
- Mdina Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue