"Pura Vida!" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by BEETLE_VERTE

Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,611 reviews and 12,090 photos

I was 5 years old and I knew I wanted to see Costa Rica, because of a colorful book I had with pictures of red parrots. This country was on my list from the beggining and I've never been disapointed so far.

Planning the trip and being there, I discovered that Costa Rica is so much more. Everywhere you look, there's something amazing to see... from a sunset on the Pacific ocean to a volcano firework, from a sleeping sloth to a raging waterfall... Everywhere you go, there's something amazing to do... birdwatching, waves surfing, walking the cloud forest, sailfishing, bathing in hot spring, strolling on the beach, exploring mangrove or cavern or canopee,...

You'll see...

First time around in 2004 we started in Alajuela . Went to San Jose to take the bus to Jaco , Quepos and Manuel Antonio; back to San Jose before going up to Fortuna , Monteverde and Santa Elena. Then back to Alajuela before leaving... snif!

Second time around, in 2005, we started off the same way, staying in Jaco and Quepos and Manuel Antonio, but then leaving for a week in Tortuguero.

Third time around, in 2006... Can't get enough of Costa Rica it seems... We spent a week in Puerto Jimenez on the Osa peninsula and a week on the Nicaragua lake near San Carlos, crossing the frontier in Los Chiles.

Patrick and Genevieve... so happy to be here!

• Pros:Paradise on earth for nature lovers
  • Cons:You'll get dirty... (in that good kid kind of way!)
  • In a nutshell:Pura vida!
  • Last visit to Costa Rica: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 22, 2006

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2010 at 1:41 PM

Really excellent reviews of the accommodations you used. We are browsing different sites for some planning ideas. Thanks!

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 5:06 PM

A gorgeous photo!

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Wonderful tips! The birds, wildlife, parks, and volcanos all sound so interesting!

• Jun 8, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Your page is just wounderful! congratulations.

• GlobalMatt's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2007 at 11:35 AM

These are fantastic pages! Are all the aereal photos taken by you as well? If so, what a great job...excellent. I'll have my Papagayo coast pages up soon. :-)

• Feb 6, 2007 at 8:24 PM

I really enjoyed your page alot I am leaving for Costa Rica on Feb 12 2007 I have notes but will check in with you again Thanks

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2006 at 11:37 AM

It sounds like you are THE expert on Costa Rica, I hope to get there one day and will definitely refer back to your pages. Thanks for the great tips and photos!

• Sep 23, 2006 at 7:17 PM

WOW! I love your page! I am planning my virgin trip to Costa Rica in February 2007 and your site has been most helpful! I cannot wait!

• TempNomad's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2006 at 12:02 PM

Some of the best hotel tips I've seen on VT. Well done!

• SURFIN7TH's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 12:57 PM

Best spot on earth.

BEETLE_VERTE

“Mon pays ce n`est pas un pays, c`est l`hiver!”

Badges & Stats in Costa Rica

Have you been to Costa Rica?

Latest Activity in Costa Rica