"Pura Vida!" Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica by BEETLE_VERTE
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,606 reviews and 12,070 photos
I was 5 years old and I knew I wanted to see Costa Rica, because of a colorful book I had with pictures of red parrots. This country was on my list from the beggining and I've never been disapointed so far.
Planning the trip and being there, I discovered that Costa Rica is so much more. Everywhere you look, there's something amazing to see... from a sunset on the Pacific ocean to a volcano firework, from a sleeping sloth to a raging waterfall... Everywhere you go, there's something amazing to do... birdwatching, waves surfing, walking the cloud forest, sailfishing, bathing in hot spring, strolling on the beach, exploring mangrove or cavern or canopee,...
First time around in 2004 we started in Alajuela . Went to San Jose to take the bus to Jaco , Quepos and Manuel Antonio; back to San Jose before going up to Fortuna , Monteverde and Santa Elena. Then back to Alajuela before leaving... snif!
Second time around, in 2005, we started off the same way, staying in Jaco and Quepos and Manuel Antonio, but then leaving for a week in Tortuguero.
Third time around, in 2006... Can't get enough of Costa Rica it seems... We spent a week in Puerto Jimenez on the Osa peninsula and a week on the Nicaragua lake near San Carlos, crossing the frontier in Los Chiles.
Patrick and Genevieve... so happy to be here!
- Pros:Paradise on earth for nature lovers
- Cons:You'll get dirty... (in that good kid kind of way!)
- In a nutshell:Pura vida!
Puerto Jimenez A little east of Puerto Jimenez, large mangroves sustain amazing wildlife. A good hiding from the heat... more travel advice
Puerto Jimenez The cheapest way to get around is of course on bike. It's hot and large part of the roads aren't... more travel advice
- See All The italian
- See All Best Cabinas in town!
- See All Ice cream scam
- See All Expeditiones Tropicales
- See All Surfing...
BEETLE_VERTE's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "My Itinerary"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 199 Reviews
- 469 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 8 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 105 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alajuela Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 29 reviews, 26 photos
- Puerto Jiménez Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicoutimi Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.