"Monteverde, beautiful cloudforest..." Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde by BEETLE_VERTE
Monteverde Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 402 photos
They say that the Monteverde area was first created by Quakers leaving the United-States, trying to avoid the conscription. They removed trees on their newly bought lands with the intention of creating farms. They quickly stop as this was destroying so much beauty and causing imbalance in the ecosystems. The Reserva Biologica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde was created.
Beautiful cloudforests and rainforests are surrounded by partially sandy partialy green mountains. Winds seem to blow constantly, apparently comming from the Arenal lake). This creates vaporous droplets walls that shine in the sunlight, like theater curtains floating in the air. Quite unique! And often, rainbows color the sky... at the tip of these rainbows: a new adventure!
Monteverde and Santa Elena are separated by 5km of sandy road but neither has a clear downtown. Shops, restaurants, tours and hotels are sown along the road. You could say we actualy stayed in Santa Elena, in the little triangle up north.
- Pros:Unique and beautiful nature you've only dreamt of
- Cons:Lack of downtown makes it difficult if you don't have a car
- In a nutshell:So much to take in
If you travel like we did, you'll end up in many different places, many differents hotels. So you don't regret your... more travel advice
Actualy, we saw this poster in many shops. Two I can remember are the SkyWalk / SkyTrek shop in Santa Elena, just beside... more travel advice
BEETLE_VERTE's Related Pages
Monteverde Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cloud Forests of Monteverde and Santa Elena"
- "Cloud Forest"
- "Green Mountain"
- "Rainforest in the clouds = Cloud forest"
- "Monteverde, beautiful cloudforest..."
- "Monteverde - the mysterious cloud forest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monteverde
- Hotels in Monteverde
- Transportation in Monteverde
- Nightlife in Monteverde
- Restaurants in Monteverde
- Shopping in Monteverde
- Warnings and Dangers in Monteverde
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Monteverde
- 13 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Monteverde?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monteverde
Photos in MonteverdeSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 105 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alajuela Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 29 reviews, 26 photos
- Puerto Jiménez Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicoutimi Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Monteverde hotel reviews
- Los Pinos - Cabanas y Jardines
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2013
- Monteverde Lodge
- 333 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 7, 2013
- Hotel El Establo
- 455 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Hidden Canopy Treehouses Boutique Hotel
- 388 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Hotel De Montana Monteverde
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Hotel Fonda Vela
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013