"Quepos, for the sailfish!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos by BEETLE_VERTE
Quepos Travel Guide: 164 reviews and 328 photos
We spent 4 days in 2004 and 4 days in 2005 in the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area. We enjoyed sportfishing in the ocean, visiting the Manuel Antonio National Park and simply lying under the ever burning sun on the white beaches. There's also a good nightlife, numerous little giftshop and a lot of restaurant to tickle your senses after a good day outdoor.
Quite a nice place, from the fishing town of Quepos, with its little bars, restaurants and shops in a few blocks of concrete enclosed in deep green vegetation, to the perfect white sand beaches of Manuel Antonio. And in between, the green luxurious mountain with a breathtaking view on the Pacific ocean, the rainforest and the wildlife.
We came in Quepos from San Jose, with a stop in Jaco (about 1h30 from Quepos) of a few days each time. Once by bus (very cheap, long fastidious trip) and once by shuttle (still a fair price but way more comfortable and quick). The center of the city consists of a few blocks, a lot of onw-way streets and a boardwalk on the ocean. About one kilometer seperate the docks if you go out on the ocean to fish, which can be done by foot. And about 5-7km from Manuel Antonio and the park, traveling in the mountain seperating the two city; you can't walk, but it's about 5 minutes in taxi, maybe 10 by city bus.
- Pros:Fishing trip of a lifetime !
- Cons:Vibrant city: loud and dusty...
- In a nutshell:Schyzophrenic dilema between rainforest and sandy beach
Great little mexican restaurant, open and well design. Good mexican food, good options, generous plate, good quality.... more travel advice
This little paradisiac city seems to exists only to enriched the visit to the national park. Little restaurants and... more travel advice
BEETLE_VERTE's Related Pages
Quepos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quepos, for the sailfish!"
- "Manuel Antonio"
- "Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is paradise!"
- "actually el Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio"
- "Beginner's Guide to Manuel Antonio"
- "Sailfishing, part I"
- "Manuel Antonio National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Quepos
- Hotels in Quepos
- Transportation in Quepos
- Nightlife in Quepos
- Restaurants in Quepos
- Shopping in Quepos
- Warnings and Dangers in Quepos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Quepos
- 16 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Quepos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Quepos
Photos in QueposSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 105 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alajuela Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 29 reviews, 26 photos
- Puerto Jiménez Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fortuna Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicoutimi Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.