"San Jose... since we have to" San José by BEETLE_VERTE
San José Travel Guide: 567 reviews and 1,086 photos
Hard to say we even liked San Jose. The hot, smelly, dusty, often windy, probably hasardous qualities of the capital didn't quite appeal to us. We had to land there, take buses and do business. But otherwise, I wouldn't have seen this city.
We never felt really in danger, but never put ourself in that position too. Every house and hotel are fenced and jealously protected. No big central park, no long interesting pedestrian streets, no real touristic neighborhood... but I'm willing to be proven wrong as it's pretty difficult to badmouth anything in Costa Rica (I liked it so much here!)
This page is part of my Costa Rica travel page.
- Cons:Not so attractive, nothing to do and hasardous
- In a nutshell:Not the best part of Costa Rica
We were more than warn about the danger of this bus stop. And dreading it. But it's an outdoor kind, with bus parking on... more travel advice
At one point or the other, you'll end up needing a taxi. Even more so if you're travelling by bus like we were. They... more travel advice
BEETLE_VERTE's Related Pages
San José Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Jose, Costa Rica"
- "Three (Green) Weeks in San José"
- "San Jose, Capital City of Costa Rica"
- "San Jose"
- "Pleasant, but don't dawdle here"
- "the capital..."
- "Where the Streets Have No Names"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San José
- Hotels in San José
- Transportation in San José
- Nightlife in San José
- Restaurants in San José
- Shopping in San José
- Warnings and Dangers in San José
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San José
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to San José?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San José
Photos in San JoséSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Costa Rica Intro, 105 reviews, 136 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quepos Intro, 16 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Montreal Intro, 48 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tortuguero Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Alajuela Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Monteverde Intro, 13 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Guadeloupe Intro, 29 reviews, 26 photos
- Puerto Jiménez Intro, 13 reviews, 42 photos
- Fortuna Intro, 10 reviews, 43 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chicoutimi Intro, 27 reviews, 19 photos
No friends yet.