"Budapest , Hungary" Budapest by F.Lade

Budapest Travel Guide: 7,719 reviews and 17,883 photos

Budapest is a city I have heard about since my childhood days , but never visited before. Me and my wife had a few days spare in the beginning of Desember 2002 , and 60 000 SAS bonus points to spend , so we decided for Christmas shopping in Budapest . We found Budapest an exciting experience . The former east Europe city , now described as central European , has a lot to offer tourists who like to explore new cities and peoples , and compared to other capitals in west Europa , it is not expencive there.

The mythological bird "TURUL" found outside the gate to Buda castle . According to mythos the story about The Magyars started with Turul , I will not try to tell it as I do not feel that I know enough about it , but it goes back to pegan times.

• Last visit to Budapest: Dec 2002
  • Intro Written Jan 25, 2003

• blaird's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2003 at 2:15 PM

I stumbled upon hero's square without knowing what it was, that's how organized we were. What a treat!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2003 at 2:53 PM

an interesting page & great pics ! ...I guess I should visit B. again, its rather close to my home ...

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2003 at 10:27 PM

Great choice to visit. Amazing view from Fishermans Bastion.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2003 at 6:50 PM

You photos and tips are very helpful in planning a visit to B-P. Nice river views!

F.Lade

“Carpe diem”

Badges & Stats in Budapest

Have you been to Budapest?