Santa Fe Favorite Tips by 10eke
Santa Fe Favorites: 46 reviews and 47 photos
Fondest memory: San Miguel Mission.
Did you ever see a 'sorry, we are closed' sign on a church? Here it is! It really looked out of place.
The mission is located 3 blks s. of the Plaza on the Old Santa Fe Trail, it is one of the country's oldest churches. It was built in the early 17th century. A Spanish church bell of 1356 is on display, it is a 'second-hand' church bell that was used Spain and Mexico before it was moved to Santa Fe by oxcart in the 1800s.
Favorite thing: check out the historical Spitz Clock on the northwest corner of the plaza. The Spitz clock was used to advertise the Spitz Jewelry Store. Its predecessor was run over by an early motorcar in 1915. The clock is second hand and was bought in Kansas City in 1916. The VW Beetle in the picture was not the car that knocked over the previous clock!
10eke's Related Pages
Santa Fe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Pristine Winter Wonderland--Santa Fe,New Mexico"
- "Santa Fe, New Mexico"
- ""Fanta Se""
- "La Villa Real de la Santa Fe"
- "Steep in History"
- "The City Different"
- "Santa Fe Days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Fe
- Hotels in Santa Fe
- Transportation in Santa Fe
- Nightlife in Santa Fe
- Restaurants in Santa Fe
- Shopping in Santa Fe
- Warnings and Dangers in Santa Fe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Fe
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Santa Fe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Fe
Photos in Santa FeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 9 travelogues
- El Paso Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hasselt Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gent 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Washington State Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues