"Wallace" Wallace by 10eke
Wallace Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 66 photos
Wallace was destined to be yet another abandoned mining town. The town barely survived the big forest fire of 1910. However this situation appears to have preserved the town, because of its typical unchanged look the entire downtown area is listed on the US National Historic Register. To avoid having to tear down the railroad station building to make way for the I-90, it was moved by 200 feet. Wallace is also getting attention from the movie industry, it was the location for Heaven's Gate and Dante's Peak. Heaven and hell? Despite the bad weather it felt more like heaven to us, green hills and friendly folks.
The Sierra Siver Mine Tour was a must-see for us. Coming from a coal-mining region in Belgium, we feel somewhat related... more travel advice
The small castle is the Wallace railroad depot. It houses a railroad museum that pictures a station around the end of... more travel advice
10eke's Related Pages
Wallace Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Silver Mining Boom Town Below I-90"
- "A Step Back in Time..."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wallace
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Wallace?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wallace
Photos in WallaceSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Lisbon Intro, 15 reviews, 91 photos, 9 travelogues
- El Paso Intro, 9 reviews, 65 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hasselt Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 2 travelogues
- United States of America Intro, 20 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belgium Intro, 5 reviews, 43 photos, 3 travelogues
- Gent 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Washington State Intro, 5 reviews, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antwerp Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tucson Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues