"frankcanfly's Liberia Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Liberia by frankcanfly
Liberia Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 149 photos
Just a quick stop while delivering relief supplies to this war ravaged nation. Quite a dangerous place when I was there. I often heard gunfire in the distance from the rebels...
Liberia was colonized in the early 19th century by African-American slave decendents. It was designed to be a place for them to return to Africa.
The nation's name comes from the word 'Liberty.' The capital is named after James Monroe, the US president at the time. Their currency looks very much like US currency.....
I hope that Charles Taylor's decision to leave the country brings back some well-deserved peace to this tiny coastal nation.
- In a nutshell:Still better to not go here, unless you have a specific purpose
View of the coastal area, from a low altitude flight. more travel advice
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Liberia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From Peace Corps Teaching 1973, back again."
- "Liberia 1999"
- "frankcanfly's Liberia Page"
- "Welcome and enjoy every moment."
- "bdschobel's new Liberia Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Liberia
- Hotels in Liberia
- Transportation in Liberia
- Nightlife in Liberia
- Restaurants in Liberia
- Shopping in Liberia
- Warnings and Dangers in Liberia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liberia
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Liberia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liberia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues