"Steveston, BC - Historic Fishing Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Steveston by frankcanfly
Steveston Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 231 photos
Located about 25 minutes south of central Vancouver, this small village has appeal for someone like me, who seeks to find heritage and history information.
Since the decline of the Newfoundland and Nova Scotian fisheries, this is now Canada's largest commercial fishery. You'll find Canneries and Shipyards here, and a kitschy downtown and waterfront area.
If it weren't for VT, and of course, Robyn (Carmanah), I may have missed visiting this tiny village.
- In a nutshell:Go here for the history and kitsch
If we hadn't already planned to take the ferry later, we certainly would have tried one of the Whale Watching companies. more travel advice
Actually located in Richmond, but on the Steveston Highway. Come here to get a lesson on Buddhism. Reminded me of a... more travel advice
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Steveston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Steveston, BC - Historic Fishing Village"
- "Steveston, British Columbia"
- "Quaint Areas Near the City of Vancouver"
- "Steveston Salmon Festival on Canada Day"
- "Little Town Near the Water"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Steveston
- Transportation in Steveston
- Nightlife in Steveston
- Restaurants in Steveston
- Shopping in Steveston
- Warnings and Dangers in Steveston
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Steveston
- 12 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Steveston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Steveston
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues