Cheyenne Things to Do Tips by frankcanfly Top 5 Page for this destination
Cheyenne Things to Do: 29 reviews and 57 photos
Just like in many other cities, artists have taken identical statues and customized them into their own artworks. In Cheyenne we have, of course, boots. I think Buffalo could have been an option too though.....
Park downtown and walk around the central district. You might get a feeling of how it felt to be here 100 years ago.....
I think the sitting governor actually now lives somewhere else, but they once lived here.
As most of you know, I 'collect' state capitol buildings, as well as National Capitol/Parliment buildings.
Cheyenne's capitol is a refreshing change. I consider it a real 'working' capitol. The main staff actually still work inside the small building, and the governor himself is very accessable.
Just outside of town, you can explore the historic Air Force Base, actually the remnants of an old US Army Garrison; Fort D.A. Russell.
There are several interesting old buildings here. I stayed overnight in one of them
Come out to the entrance to the Air Force Base in town, and witness the giant ballistic missles that once stood ready to aim their payload to the 2nd world......
Thankfully, they are now decommisioned.
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Cheyenne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "State capital or small town?"
- "Frontier Days"
- "Frontier Capital City"
- "CHEYENNE, WYOMING"
- "Cheyenne - a part of American history"
- "Cheyenne : a name not like the others"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheyenne
- Hotels in Cheyenne
- Transportation in Cheyenne
- Nightlife in Cheyenne
- Restaurants in Cheyenne
- Shopping in Cheyenne
- See All...
Explore the World
- Manchester Hotels
- Ramona Park Hotels
- Comalapa Hotels
- Ilha Tatuoca Hotels
- Bwejuu Island
Badges & Stats in Cheyenne
- 8 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Cheyenne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheyenne
Photos in CheyenneSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (181)
Latest Cheyenne hotel reviews
- Quality Inn Cheyenne
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 18, 2013
- The Historic Plains Hotel
- 266 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Microtel Inn & Suites Cheyenne
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Motel 6 Cheyenne
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 11, 2013
- La Quinta Inn Cheyenne
- 159 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Holiday Inn Cheyenne I-80
- 102 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 7, 2013
- Ramada Hitching Post Inn and Conference Center
- 1 Review & Opinion