"Frank's Corpus Christi Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Corpus Christi by frankcanfly
Corpus Christi Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 296 photos
Corpus Christi from its founding in 1839 was called "Kinney's Ranch'' or "Kinney's Rancho,'' after founder H.L. Kinney. Within three years, Kinney in letters was calling the place Corpus Christi, after the bay. But years before, in 1836, Peter Grayson laid out a city called Grayson on the present site of Corpus Christi. Grayson, the attorney general of the Republic of Texas in 1837, had the place surveyed for a townsite in 1838, just before he killed himself during a painful illness. Grayson was a town on paper only.
The oldest names in South Texas came long before there were any settlements or towns. They were the names for huge blocks of land, the early Spanish land grants. They were called the Rincon del Oso, Rincon de Corpus Christi, the Santa Gertrudis and De la Garza grants, the Casa Blanca and Agua Dulce grants, the La Parra, La Barreta, El Penascal, El Chiltipin, Palo Alto, Santa Petronila, San Diego de Abajo and San Diego de Arriba grants. The old Spanish names were here for 100 years or so before the people came who couldn't pronounce them.
Although this place is not in Corpus Christi, I associate it with this place because I went here so much when I lived in... more travel advice
The Best Thai food in town, and I tried them all. This place has the atmosphere and food quality to make you... more travel advice
- See All Rent an Airplane!!
- See All Relaxing on the beach
- See All Bad Dog
- See All Dr. Rockits
- See All Oh Mom!
Written Nov 12, 2005
Corpus Christi Hash House Harriers (C2H3)
Written Dec 18, 2003
The Selena Trail
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Corpus Christi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Frank's Corpus Christi Page"
- "Ocean, beach and bay"
- "Corpus Christi Beach"
- "Some call her the Texas Rivera"
- "Basaic Corpus Christi Page"
- "lorinay's new Corpus Christi Page"
- "Corpus Christi Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corpus Christi
- Hotels in Corpus Christi
- Transportation in Corpus Christi
- Nightlife in Corpus Christi
- Restaurants in Corpus Christi
- Shopping in Corpus Christi
- Warnings and Dangers in Corpus Christi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corpus Christi
- 38 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 27 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Corpus Christi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corpus Christi
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: My Personal Nightmare..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Corpus Christi Hash House Harriers (C2H3)"
- updated a Corpus Christi Travelogue "Corpus Christi Hash House Harriers (C2H3)"
- Commented on one of yelli's Corpus Christi travel pages
- Wrote a Review Chimeneas from Mexico in Corpus Christi Shopping
Photos in Corpus ChristiSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues