"Ridgewood, NJ" Ridgewood by frankcanfly
Ridgewood Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 23 photos
A great NYC suburban town in Northern New Jersey...
You can commute to Manhatten from here in a matter of minutes, or hours if the traffic on the GW Bridge is backed up.
Ridgewood traces its roots to 1687 when the East Jersey Proprietors granted several hundred acres to Isaac Kingsland. Johannes Van Emburgh bought some of this land in 1698 and his descendants built one of the first houses in the area.
Originally an agricultural community named Godwinville, the name was changed to Ridgewood in 1866 and it was incorporated as the Village of Ridgewood in 1894. After rail service to New York was instituted in 1851, the downtown business district began to develop.
A nice Restaurant with a hopping bar on the back side. There was live disco/latin music when we went, great for dancing! more travel advice
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Ridgewood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ridgewood, New Jersey"
- "Ridgewood, NJ"
- "Ridgewood, New York Metro Area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ridgewood
- Transportation in Ridgewood
- Nightlife in Ridgewood
- Restaurants in Ridgewood
- Shopping in Ridgewood
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ridgewood
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Ridgewood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ridgewood
Photos in RidgewoodSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues