"Chestertown, MD" Chestertown by frankcanfly
Chestertown Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 45 photos
My favorite of Maryland's Eastern Shore towns, located on the banks of the Chester River, the historic town of Chestertown is the county seat of Kent County.
Once a thriving port of entry for colonial settlers into Maryland, the town has court records dating back to the 1640's. Next to the public dock at the bottom of High Street is the old Customs House, built in the 1740's. Chestertown features many restored 18th century homes, lovely churches, the county courthouse, and several interesting shops. Grand houses built by wealthy merchants line the Chester River.
Chestertown is also home to Washington College. Washington College is the tenth oldest college in the United States. The college was founded in 1782 with the help of George Washington who gave his name and 50 guineas to the college. Washington served as a trustee and received an honorary degree.
I personally know two great professors here!
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Chestertown Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Chestertown
- 26 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Chestertown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chestertown
Photos in ChestertownSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues