Baltimore Shopping Tips by frankcanfly Top 5 Page for this destination
Baltimore Shopping: 32 reviews and 42 photos
For years, I picked up Asian ingrediants whenever I was in the western US or New York...... now I have everything I need at this large Asian grocery store. I remember when there was a 'Super Fresh' at this location.
What to buy: Besides having all the required ingredients for Asian recipes, you'll find the cheapest and freshest fruits and vegetables here.
You'll even find a little Sushi Bar, a Chinese Noodle Bar, and places to buy Asian household goods and rent Asian videos.
Let's just say that the butcher shop smells 'authentic'
They are a little bit weak when it comes to Indian ingredients.
Directions: Just outside the beltway on the west side. In a plaze at the corner of I-40 and Rolling Road near Catonsville.
Theme: Food and Drink
Hunt Valley Mall, view from the NorthEast
This Mall was built in the early 1980's, and died shortly afterwards. It's location, at the Northern End of the Light Rail line, just didn't attract the volumes of customers it needed.
In recent years, the Wal Mart and Burlington Coat Factory have rejuvinated it a little bit, but it is still rather empty. Stay tuned for possible improvements.
Directions: About 5 miles North of Towson, between I-83 and York Rd. (Shawan Rd exit)
Satelite Image of Towsontowne Mall
I can walk here from where I live.... it has all the upscale stores, but I couldn't find any tortilla chips......
My apartment is in the circular building at the lower right portion of the photo.
My favorite grocery store in town, and I can walk to this one!! Unique groceries, and cheap!!
Owings Mills Mall, view from the South
Located in Owings Mills, just off 795
Built in 1891, this little building along Roland Avenue was the first example of "Shopping Center" to appear in America. They used the European 'multi-use' concept, with residences above the stores. There is even a fire station attached at the back side.
The stores still remain, but I don't think anyone lives upstairs anymore.
Directions: Roland Avenue, between Cold Spring Lane and Northern Parkway
What to buy: This is one of many of the Vintage clothing stores along "The Avenue" in Hampden.
Theme: Discount Store
This was the main shopping 'strip' in the 1950's, and many shops and boutiques still remain...
More Reviews (171)
- See All Salsaritas
- See All Latin Palace
- See All Tremont Park Hotel
- See All The Original Washington Monument
- See All Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central...
- See All MARC Train Service
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "DUCKPIN BOWLING AT THE PATTERSON BOWL"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 183 Reviews
- 244 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 114 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Baltoberfest Meeting"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: My Personal Nightmare..."
- Wrote a Review Salsaritas about Salsarita's Fresh Cantina in Baltimore Restaurants
- Commented on one of Katmosphere's Baltimore travel pages
- updated a Baltimore Travelogue "Fastest VT Meeting in the World - Penn Station"
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (244)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (179)
- Inner Harbor- 44 Reviews, 86 Photos
- National Aquarium- 37 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Mount Vernon- 17 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Fort McHenry- 19 Reviews, 49 Photos
- World Trade Center- 11 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Federal Hill- 9 Reviews, 30 Photos
- USS Constellation- 13 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Camden Yards - Raven's Stadium- 23 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Little Italy- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Maritime Museum- 14 Reviews, 34 Photos
See All Baltimore Things to Do