"Charm City" Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore by frankcanfly
Baltimore Travel Guide: 1,210 reviews and 3,459 photos
Baltimore is where I have spent the largest percentage of my life. I love it!!!!
This city is a wonderful contrast to it's southern neighbor. While some would call the Washington DC/North Virginia area a bit pretentious, Baltimore has a more "Blue Collar" atmosphere like Philadelphia or Boston, this is more appealling to me.
But keep that to yourself, we want to keep it a bit of a secret......
The Inner Harbor has been extensively revitalized since the early 1980's, and is a great destination on a sunny day.
You can walk around harborplace, the science center, the aquarium, and many other locations.
1 - n. the regional dialect of Baltimore, Maryland, in which syllables are often dropped and multiple words contracted into indistinct, mumbled phrases.
2 - n. persons speaking the regional dialect of Baltimore, Maryland. (affectionate term, used with respect)
1 - Baltimorons commonly call all members of the opposite sex "Hon," short for "honey."
2 - "Gone downy o-shun" is the phrase used to describe "Going down to the ocean (Ocean City)" for a vacation.
3 - "Wayoo ain calmee" is the urban B-more equivalent of "Why haven't you called me?"
- Pros:Ethnic neighborhoods and small town 'charm'
- Cons:Was once a dirty city, some people can't forget that....
- In a nutshell:It's home, I love it
This little dive bar serves some delicious food, and you can even escape the daylight here! I like stopping here... more travel advice
- See All Tremont Park Hotel
- See All The Original Washington Monument
- See All Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central...
- See All MARC Train Service
- See All Birds
- See All Baltimore Mascots
Written Sep 3, 2006
The first "Baltoberfest" VT Meeting - Oct '03
Written Apr 27, 2004
"Fell's Point O Rama" VT Meeting - Apr '04
Written Sep 20, 2006
Fastest VT Meeting in the World - Penn Station
Written Sep 20, 2006
The 2nd 'Baltoberfest' - Sep 2006 - Days 1 & 2
frankcanfly's Related Pages
Baltimore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Charm City"
- "Native Baltimoron"
- "The Land of Pleasant Living and...."
- "Baltimore "The Monumental City""
- "~ Baltimore ~"
- "DUCKPIN BOWLING AT THE PATTERSON BOWL"
- "The Great BaltOberfest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hotels in Baltimore
- Transportation in Baltimore
- Nightlife in Baltimore
- Restaurants in Baltimore
- Shopping in Baltimore
- Warnings and Dangers in Baltimore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baltimore
- 183 Reviews
- 244 Photos
- 34 Forum posts
- 114 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Baltimore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baltimore
- Uploaded a Photo to "VT Baltoberfest Meeting"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: My Personal Nightmare..."
- Wrote a Review Salsaritas about Salsarita's Fresh Cantina in Baltimore Restaurants
- Commented on one of Katmosphere's Baltimore travel pages
- updated a Baltimore Travelogue "Fastest VT Meeting in the World - Penn Station"
Photos in BaltimoreSee All Photos (244)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues