"Upcoming adventures: South Africa? Sweden? Brazil?" frankcanfly's Profile

VT and ME

Browsing Virtual Tourist pages and discussions gives me the same feeling I get when I loiter in various foreign hostel lobbies and meet unique travelers. Here at VT, we get the unique perspectives of real travellers.

Remember, VT is a Travel Site, not a place for political statements. Dispite a few genuine exceptions, It's not a dating site either....

Exploration

Last year I finally made it to Antarctica and New Zealand

I was on the "Ice" in Antarctica for about three weeks, encompassing Christmas & New Year holidays. During my stay I explored all that I could of the McMurdo Sound area, and I was lucky enough for a quick visit to the South Pole. Check out my Antarctica page, it remains a work-in-progress. On the way back, I backpacked through New Zealand for a few weeks, and even stayed on the sheep farm of a famous VTer!

Why I Fly

As you may have figured out by my VT name, flying is a great love of mine. I do it professionally and recreationally.

Not only does flying take you to so many new destinations, it's also a way to look directly down at the best map on earth: the ground!

I was hired in March of '05 to fly for Comair Airlines. I now actively 'fly the line' as a CRJ-700 Pilot, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. I've had some spare time to investigate this town. Check out my Cincinnati pages, this town has surprised me with it's charm and culture.

See my 'Ask Frank about Flying" travelogue if you have any questions about Aviation.

Passions

Life is great when you do what you love. Follow your passions, don't grow old regretting the fact that you didn't reach out for what you wanted.....

The world through my eyes

Call yourself what you will, but sometimes I'm a traveler, sometimes I'm a tourist. It's often a choice between seeing the sights, and getting a local perspective.

Tourist destinations are popular for a reason, so don't miss them. But don't walk away with only that, learn more about where you are.

I think you can do both.

State Capitol Buildings

As a self-professed geography geek, and a bit of a political historian, I like to see government buildings where ever I go.

I have finally completed my most focused pursuit; to revisit every US Capitol building and get my photograph in front of it. I had previously visited every one, but didn't always take photos..... Now that I've completed this nerdy goal, I'm thinking about writing a coffee table book about State Capitol buildings.... (not coffee tables)

I completed my goal in August 2006, by stopping into Pierre, South Dakota for about 24 hours. What a great capitol complex!

Have a look at Franks Capitols webpage.

Keeping count:

Canadian Provinces: 7
Mexican States: 6

VTers: 200+

• Intro Updated Mar 7, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
frankcanfly's Profile Photo

frankcanfly

“Being like everyone else, is like being nobody”

Real Name