"Upcoming adventures: South Africa? Sweden? Brazil?" frankcanfly's Profile
Browsing Virtual Tourist pages and discussions gives me the same feeling I get when I loiter in various foreign hostel lobbies and meet unique travelers. Here at VT, we get the unique perspectives of real travellers.
Remember, VT is a Travel Site, not a place for political statements. Dispite a few genuine exceptions, It's not a dating site either....
Last year I finally made it to Antarctica and New Zealand
I was on the "Ice" in Antarctica for about three weeks, encompassing Christmas & New Year holidays. During my stay I explored all that I could of the McMurdo Sound area, and I was lucky enough for a quick visit to the South Pole. Check out my Antarctica page, it remains a work-in-progress. On the way back, I backpacked through New Zealand for a few weeks, and even stayed on the sheep farm of a famous VTer!
As you may have figured out by my VT name, flying is a great love of mine. I do it professionally and recreationally.
Not only does flying take you to so many new destinations, it's also a way to look directly down at the best map on earth: the ground!
I was hired in March of '05 to fly for Comair Airlines. I now actively 'fly the line' as a CRJ-700 Pilot, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. I've had some spare time to investigate this town. Check out my Cincinnati pages, this town has surprised me with it's charm and culture.
See my 'Ask Frank about Flying" travelogue if you have any questions about Aviation.
Life is great when you do what you love. Follow your passions, don't grow old regretting the fact that you didn't reach out for what you wanted.....
Call yourself what you will, but sometimes I'm a traveler, sometimes I'm a tourist. It's often a choice between seeing the sights, and getting a local perspective.
Tourist destinations are popular for a reason, so don't miss them. But don't walk away with only that, learn more about where you are.
I think you can do both.
As a self-professed geography geek, and a bit of a political historian, I like to see government buildings where ever I go.
I have finally completed my most focused pursuit; to revisit every US Capitol building and get my photograph in front of it. I had previously visited every one, but didn't always take photos..... Now that I've completed this nerdy goal, I'm thinking about writing a coffee table book about State Capitol buildings.... (not coffee tables)
I completed my goal in August 2006, by stopping into Pierre, South Dakota for about 24 hours. What a great capitol complex!
U.S. States: 50
US Capitol Buildings: 50
Canadian Provinces: 7
Mexican States: 6
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2,603 Reviews
- 4,987 Photos
- 53 Countries
- 199 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
updated their Profile Page "Upcoming adventures: South Africa? Sweden? Brazil?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I need a good beer"
- frankcanfly and Manyana are now friends.
- Commented on mcaffa's profile page
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: My Personal Nightmare..."
- created a Agdam Travel Page "The lost Azeri city of Agdam"
- Wrote a Review My first all-inclusive resort... in Montelimar Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baltimore Intro, 183 reviews, 243 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cincinnati Intro, 116 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Doha Intro, 58 reviews, 222 photos, 5 travelogues
- Antarctica Intro, 57 reviews, 98 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos
- San Juan Intro, 16 reviews, 106 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Little Rock Intro, 45 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 37 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lima Intro, 27 reviews, 80 photos, 2 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 44 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22175 Reviews - 53908 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3079 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15524 Reviews - 30894 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23066 Reviews - 47272 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26475 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1928 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8349 Reviews - 17018 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1914 Reviews - 4475 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4278 Reviews - 8803 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7646 Reviews - 19527 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos