"It's SCITUATE, not North Scituate!" North Scituate by Pawtuxet
North Scituate Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 18 photos
Scituate comes alive once a year for the Scituate Art Festival which fills their little community to overflowing. I usually don't go in that direction because of the traffic jams.
Today I went to see a horse ranch for a customer and so I took a few pics along the way for all of you.
The town is sweet...lots of Greek Revival houses and buildings...all the necessities of life,,,,, coffee, pizza, market, gasoline... and some adorable antique shops.
It's not the kind of town you would list as your destination, unless you were interested in the outdoor art festival in the summer.
PS.. How did VT manage to get NORTH Scituate out of it?? There is a North Smithfield.... maybe someone got confused.
Rhode Island is fortunate to have some of the finest drinking water you'll find in the states. It comes from the Scituate Reservoir which covers a great deal of acreage in the northern part of the state. It is very closely protected...no boating or swimming... and it makes for fantastic views as you drive through the area.
Perhaps one day I'll add a pic of it taken in the summer...or better yet... in the autumn.
- Pros:Peaceful and friendly
- Cons:tons of traffic at the art festival
- In a nutshell:A pleasant community to enjoy
Love the building. Noticed the sign and thought it looked like an interesting spot for lunch sometime. Flower shop... more travel advice
The Post Office is so tiny... it should give you an indication of the population here. You'll find it to the far left of... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
North Scituate Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in North Scituate
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to North Scituate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Scituate
- Posted in Travel Krakow Forum "Re: Restaurants in Jewish quarter"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Train for the State Police?"
- Wrote a Review Deli stop ? in North Scituate Restaurants
- updated a North Scituate Travel Page "It's SCITUATE, not North Scituate!"
- Commented on one of Stephen-KarenConn's North Scituate travel pages
Photos in North ScituateSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos