"Peaceful Jamestown Island" Jamestown by Pawtuxet
Jamestown Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 47 photos
Jamestown is a small island which most travellers drive across to get to Newport. New Yorkers come from I95, over the Jamestown bridge, across the little island to the Pell Bridge and plunk! You're in Newport. When I was a kid you had to take a ferry from Jamestown to Newport. When they built the Pell Bridge, the folks in Jamestown made sure the new roadway took you from one bridge to the other without encouragement to stop along your way. They are not interested in lots of tourists disturbing the quiet character of the island.
And yet, if you are truly interested in visiting one of their visitor's attractions, you find your way through small quiet roads often lined with fields, woods, beaches, and older homes....to absolutely picture perfect destinations.
We visited Watson Farm and the Jamestown Windmill this time, so that is my focus for this page until I get back to photograph their other interesting sites.
Prepare to kick back, relax, drive slowly, and wallow in Mother Nature for a while.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION PLEASE COME BACK IN A DAY OR TWO?
Watson Farm is a 1796 working family farm featuring heritage-breed cattle, sheep, hayfields and pastures. There is an original early farmhouse where a family lives, farms the land, and helps preserve the heritage of the old place. What a visit....especially on sheep shearing day which was when we were there.
They had activities for the kids, light snacks, weavers and vintage farm equipment. Families came out to enjoy the day which had warmed considerably since the morning hours.
Visit an historic farm in Rhode Island on the beautiful island of Jamestown. Rural and wonderful... you can stop between... more travel advice
The house next door to the windmill has the advantage of fabulous views to the wind mill as well as the Pell... more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Jamestown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peaceful Jamestown Island"
- "Diving in Jamestown"
- "Jamestown, Rhode Island"
- "diver-x's Jamestown Page"
- "Jamestown- home base"
- "Where is Jamestown ?"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jamestown
- 12 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Jamestown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jamestown
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos