"Picturesque Peterborough" Peterborough by Pawtuxet
Peterborough Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos
Our trip to Peterborough was a one day excursion to find some antique hardware needed for old doors in our front hallway which is being restored at present. When it comes to finding pieces and parts for a 1740 house, it isn't always easy...but sometimes the search is half the fun. There is a story that goes with almost everything in the house by the time you are finished.
At any rate, the town of Peterborough is charming, quiet, beautifully cared for...a little capsule of time preserved.
The drive up through Massachusetts is lovely. We used the Map Quest's directions which were complicated but beautiful scenery. We were west of Interstate 495 all the way up to NH.
Here's a taste of the hardware we were in search of. I hope the information on this page will help someone else who is restoring an early colonial.
- Pros:Quiet, well preserved, charming
- Cons:Not easy to get to...certainly off the beaten path
- In a nutshell:Take a deep breath......relax.
Joe Brennan doesn't have a shop, he sells from his home by appt. or at antiques shows (see previous tip for further... more travel advice
Always nice to pass the time in a cool, quiet book store with a short stop in the cafe. more travel advice
Pawtuxet's Related Pages
Peterborough Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Peterborough
- Restaurants in Peterborough
- Shopping in Peterborough
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peterborough
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Peterborough?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peterborough
- Posted in Travel Washington D.C. Forum "Re: what to bring & what to see"
- updated a Peterborough Travel Page "Picturesque Peterborough"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Find a good antique dealer"
- Wrote a Review Are you into old hardware? in Peterborough Shopping
- Commented on one of Goner's Peterborough travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 53 reviews, 194 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rockport Intro, 52 reviews, 164 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 47 reviews, 154 photos, 5 travelogues
- Pawtuxet Intro, 45 reviews, 144 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Hampshire Intro, 42 reviews, 136 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Savannah Intro, 33 reviews, 114 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gloucester Intro, 32 reviews, 105 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Providence Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rhode Island Intro, 38 reviews, 91 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island Intro, 27 reviews, 99 photos